Help Needed Request For A Goth Cake??

Decorating By HannahLass Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 6:10am by JenInAZ

HannahLass Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I'm hoping you all can help. I have been asked to make a goth cake for a 15yr olds birthday except the only things the customer asked for was black icing and maybe some red. I really am stumped and dont know what to do. Any ideas anyone? Thank you.

5 replies
cakesbyallison Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 6

Black and red for sure! Black and white stripes, silver rivets or studs, skulls... Do a "goth" search on the internet, and you'll come up w/ something! I know Ace of Cakes did one on one of their episodes, maybe you can find it on their website. Sounds like fun - you can do all kinds of stuff!

kyhendry Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 6

You could also check out cakes around the Nightmare Before Christmas themes and borrow ideas from those cakes. I've seen some really cool one when I put "Nightmare Before Christmas Cakes" into Google and clicked on the first items "Image results for..."

Check them out.

Kathleen

2sdae Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 6

I have a goth birthday cake in my photos for my 15 year old daughter. It was a coffin with roses.

minorfan Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:14am
post #5 of 6

Black Fondant covered cake with white skulls around the bottom with a skull and crossbone outlined in silver dragees on the top. Red diamonds around it.

There is actually a few on CC if you do a search here. I have had one and even put a silver dragee in the mouth for a pierced tongue. I have another one I have to do with the theme Ozzy Osbourne and goth. I actually picked up some skull push molds. Will always need them for halloween later.

Black , red, silver, gold, even deep purple are all good colors for goth.

JenInAZ Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 6:10am
post #6 of 6

If you live near a major shopping mall see if they have a store called Hot Topic. Lots of good goth material for you there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%