Need Honest Feedback Now, Please

Decorating By trumpetmidget Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm by -K8memphis

trumpetmidget Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 8

This cake is due today and all I see on it are the flaws. I am getting paid a good amount for this cake - the most I've ever been paid. All I see are the bulges and cracks. Can you tell me what you think? Can you see the flaws? Will my client see the flaws? Is it worth a lot of money? I still have to put an umbrella on the top. It is a cake inspired by a cake in Collette Peters "Cake's to Dream On" book.
Thanks for the comments.

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 8

I really like the design!! I can see a few slight bulges but if you are not a cake decorater you will probably not notice it.Flowers and piping hide alot of flaws so I don't notice anything there!! Great cake!!! Great job!!

charlieinMO Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 8

I think your cake is very pretty! This is what a friend of mine told me recently as I was pointing out all of the flaws to her "Charlotte!!! stop telling me!!! I don't notice them until you mention them!!!" So that is what I am going to do from now on! stop pointing them out LOL (I know, easier said than done but I AM going to try and stop lol)
Good luck and I am sure they will love it!

angel951747 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 8

I can see them, as someone else said, most people won't notice them. We are more likely to notice because we make cakes. I'm very new at this and I make mistakes all the time (sometimes I think fondant is my arch enemy) but when I show the cakes, no one knows. It's always "beautiful". If they do notice or mention anything, be prepared to offer a slight discount...BUT only if the say something, because they may not notice.

MaryAtk Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 8

I think it looks wonderful! I wouldn't even attempt something like that! icon_biggrin.gif I hope you are getting paid alot -- it looks like a ton of work! The flowers are all so neat, especially the yellow daisy one at the bottom! So cool! I am sure your client will be blown away by it!

Mizuki Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 8

What a neat design! What inspired this cake?
Everyone else has already given the good advice about the flaws. We see 'em, but that doesn't mean it's a bad cake! It's lovely, and I'm sure your customer will love it! You have obviously put a lot of time and effort into this and it shows! Don't let a few fondant bubbles get in the way. Be proud of yourself, you did a great job!!! thumbs_up.gif

Molly2 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 8

I think its very pretty sometimes when I make a cake I look at it some much I see everything I walk away stop looking and then come back and think thats not so bad after all You did a great job and like the others said we make cakes all the time so we see everything

Molly2 thumbs_up.gif

-K8memphis Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm
post #8 of 8

I would square my shoulders, hold my head up high and deliver that cake as if it looked better than Colette's. You have done an amazing job and you deserve every penny of the pay. Prepare yourself to be blown away by the comments from the guests, staff of the venue and other vendors.

Mucho Mazel Tov

Hope you have a forklift somewhere it's gotta weigh a ton!

Quote by @%username% on %date%