Advice On Shoe And Shoe Box

Decorating By sarand Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 10:05am by auntsteff

sarand Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 10:02am
post #1 of 9

Hii everyone,

My daughter will be 21 in August and i would really like to make her a shoe and shoe box cake... I think I can make it with a bit of patience but how do i do the label on the box and the shoe??

Is it done by hand or printer? or other?

Thanks for reading
Sarah xx icon_sad.gif

8 replies
Shola Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 10:22am
post #2 of 9

Hi,
I just completed my shoe and shoebox cake, I'll be posting some pics shortly icon_biggrin.gif
There is a good link here for a gumpaste shoe:-
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-reply-595759.html

I used this but didn't want the 'pointy' toe so I just rounded it off icon_smile.gif The hard part is molding the heel so it looks right!

I didn't make a lable but I think you can do it either way, you can use a thin square of gumpaste and paint the barcode on with food colouring and attach when it's dry.
HTH's icon_smile.gif

auntsteff Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 10:35am
post #3 of 9

That link isn't working, could you try again, please?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 10:46am
post #4 of 9

For my recent cake, I cut a piece of gp out and textured it (a bit too much - oops), then using a find paintbrush and ever-so-slightly thinned gel coloring, painted the logo and used that to make the label in the shoes.

For the box, I took a risk and painted directly onto the fondant using the same technique.

Here's a photo: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1238705

You can also use an edible image (if you have the printer/equipment), just the frosting sheet, or the gp and go with an edible ink marker with a fine point.

HTH

edited to add: if it's just the gumpaste shoe label or the box lid and you know that noone will be eating it, you can always use a regular marker, like a Sharpie, for example.

sarand Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 11:56am
post #5 of 9

Thanks for your replies... I think I will have a go pianting freehand. Grace your shoe and shoe box is amazing, it really looks fantastic!!! I am so impressed.

Thank You

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarand

Thanks for your replies... I think I will have a go pianting freehand. Grace your shoe and shoe box is amazing, it really looks fantastic!!! I am so impressed.

Thank You

Sarand, thank you, and you're welcome! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

By the way, I neglected to welcome you before. Sorry about that! Welcome to CC! Hope you'll enjoy your time here.

sarand Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks I am loving CC. I am learning more and more everyday. Think my DH is fed up with me looking at all these cakes lol

There are some very talented people on here and I hope oneday I will be as good.

Sarah icon_biggrin.gif

Shola Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 9:46am
post #8 of 9
auntsteff Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 10:05am
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the link!

Why do I never think to look in the articles section? icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%