Ohio Cake Clubs

Business By Debbie45628 Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 3:25pm by Loucinda

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:00am
post #31 of 47

icon_cry.gif UGHHHHH!

I just realized I will be on Vacation from work the week of Ices and I wanted to sign up for some classes.

Can anyone help me get info?

Barb

kteacher027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kteacher027 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:29pm
post #32 of 47

Good Morning Loucinda/All, I am new to cake decorating. (just took 3 courses this summer--started with 1..then could not stop because I liked it so much). I would very much like to be a part of the cake club in/near Columbus. I'm in the Springfield area. I cannot make it to the DOS--my son has a hockey tourney. that day...but am very interested. (this is the one thing I do for me and my sanity!!! icon_cry.gif ) Thank you icon_biggrin.gif !

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 9:18pm
post #33 of 47

Hi! Please add me to the list of columbus people who want to start a club! I am from mansfield, just an hour or a little more away!

April :0)

musselmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musselmom Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 3:29am
post #34 of 47

Is there anyone interested in a cake club some place between Cincinnati and Columbus? Or, any clubs in the Dayton area? I'd love to share and get ideas.

Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 5:53am
post #35 of 47

I was just wondering how things are coming with the club plans. Where is the DOS held and what days? Thanks, Debbie

MeliaJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeliaJ Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:28pm
post #36 of 47

What is DOS?

donnalane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnalane Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:32pm
post #37 of 47

DOS=Day of Sharing with ICES

ICES= The International Cake Exploration Society

To sign up to attend the DOS or take any classes they are having that weekend here is the website with all the info about the day of sharing weekend in Columbus Ohio.

http://www.geocities.com/caketalkoh/

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 9:51am
post #38 of 47

icon_lol.gif I was finally able to get to the Ohio ICES webpage. I was using Mozilla Firefox but I had to switch to Internet Explorer and I had no problem signing up. I am waiting for the email confirmation to pay and I'll be all set to go!!

So if anyone wants to meet up there, let me know, I'll be going to the Sat. afternoon gumpaste class and then the DOS on Sunday
Barb

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 10:33am
post #39 of 47

Hi everyone
I'm in Hilliard and would love to be included in a cake group.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 1:47pm
post #40 of 47

Hi ladies! Barb - I will be at all 3 classes on Saturday. I am glad the links are working for those who had problems. The DOS in April was my first time going - I loved it (but it would be soo much nicer to have folks to hang out with there that are from around here!)

We all need to meet up on Sunday before it starts - breakfast or coffee would be a good way - and of course anyone who is taking the classes on Sat. (Barbaranoel and I are for sure) Maybe lunch Sat. before the 2 pm class starts??

I think our "club" should meet up in the Columbus area - that would be a central location for those who are interested. I'll have more info together for when we meet up for the DOS.

Anyone who is attending on Saturday classes, could you please pm me and we'll set up a meeting time and place that day!

Loucinda Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:15pm
post #41 of 47

I will be at the hotel restaurant at 8 am on Sunday for breakfast if anyone would like to meet up there (registration is at 9 am and the ICES meeting starts at 10)

Barbaranoel and I are meeting up on Saturday also (either lunch before classes or dinner betweeen them) if anyone is interested in getting together then too!

I'll be wearing a bright pink shirt - you won't miss me if you're looking for me! icon_biggrin.gif

donnalane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnalane Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 4:31am
post #42 of 47

Hey Ladies

I just wanted to give an update as to the cake club for the Columbus area. I met with several ladies at the Ices day of sharing and finally, we have a plan together for a cake club. Annette was one of the people that I met and she is the one I believe that is heading this club up. I just got an email from her and we are going to have our first club meeting on Thursday Oct 16th at 7pm at one of the girls Heather's home until we can find a place to hold our meetings. Her house is located in the Powell area which is just on the northwest edge of Cols.

If you are interested in attending our meeting please PM me and I will get all the details to you, I just do not feel comfortable announcing to the world Heathers home address and I would not want someone to do that to me so this is the way we will handle the details.

I am very excited that we are finally getting something going and I am sure we are going to have a blast.

Donna Lane

Luvsthedogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luvsthedogs Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 12:44pm
post #43 of 47

I'm so excited to find this thread! The last post is several months old, will this still be happening? Hope so... icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 1:17pm
post #44 of 47

YES!! The Central Ohio Sugar Artists are well on their way now! icon_biggrin.gif We meet the 2nd Tuesday of every month - for the time, we are meeting at the Powell United Methodist Church off of Powell Rd. (in Powell, of course!) The meeting times are from 7pm to 9 pm.

I would be more than happy to answer anyones questions - I don't sign on here everyday, but my email is on my webpage.

We have a wonderful group of ladies from novice decorators to shop owners. It is always interesting and a lot of fun. Please join us if you are able to.

Cindy

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:36pm
post #45 of 47

I'm glad you all were able to start your own cake club! Now, does anyone know of one in the West Central region of Ohio? LOL I'm in St. Marys, quite a bit away from the rest of you.

Luvsthedogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luvsthedogs Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:20pm
post #46 of 47

Looks like I just missed March's meeting. icon_mad.gif I'll definitely be there in April if I can. Do I need to bring anything?

Loucinda Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:25pm
post #47 of 47

April's meeting we will be demonstrating, and trying out airbrush techniques. Several of us are bringing our airbrushes to the meeting and allowing those who don't have one to try it out - along with a couple of members that have some experience with it to demonstrate things they use it for!

It will be fun and informative too! At our March meeting one of our members demonstrated how to do a chocolate transfer and chocolate wrap, and how to do chocolate curls.

Looking forward to new faces!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%