How To Make Book Cake?

Decorating By melaniet Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 1:02pm by kimkait

melaniet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melaniet Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:15am
post #1 of 3

Hello all! I have just been asked to do a cake for our local theater group and they said I have free rein to do what i think is best but they do want something visually impacting, with their logo somewhere and some happy 20th anniversary text... so my thoughts was to do a 3 laired cake ( probably 12, 10, and icon_cool.gif to look almost like a pillar, faded up in colour from dark green, with vines and flowers (they said that Arden forest is their theme for the event, so lots fo flowers and vines and all kinds of colour!) But i was thinking of having an open book on top with the text they are asking for since they do shakespear plays in the park... whew after all that i do have a question, how do i make the open book? I've seen lots on here but have been unable to locate any directiosn or such.
Also if anyone has anyother input on to what might work i'm open to suggestions icon_smile.gif and in case you can't tell i'm super stoked to do this cake, partly cause i just started decorating so every cake is still a big deal to me, but i know this one will bring me lots of other cakes to do too if its done good... ok i'm done now i'll stop typing and wait for relpys !!!
Thanks Mel
icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:46am
post #2 of 3

Wow, that sounds like quite a task! icon_surprised.gif Sounds fab, I know Wilton do an open book pan but it might too big if you want to put it on top icon_confused.gif

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30ECF4-475A-BAC0-5BE70F91BF3293DF

I think you could just cut a small square in half, refridgerate then carve down from the outside towards the center so you get that open book look icon_confused.gif I've not done it but I'm sure it would work well!

Can't wait to see it so post a pic when your done! icon_smile.gif

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%