Help! Asap!!!! Please!!!!

Decorating By cameron0925 Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 6:03am by Momkiksbutt

cameron0925 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:31am
post #1 of 7

How do I make smooth swirls on cupcakes, not star swirls? The largest round tip i have is a 21. Will that work? How do I keep the swirl from falling after you swirl it up to a peak? TIA!!!!!!

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:03am
post #2 of 7

Well, my tip 21 is NOT smooth.........it is a star tip.
But *any* large opening will work. How ab out using a coupler that does not have the slot on the side.....do you have one of th ose? OR you could even just cut a hole in a parchement bag and use w/o any tip. The farther up the tip of the parchment cone, the bigger the opening will be. Start w/a small cut near the tip, then try; continue until you are satisified w/the size.

cameron0925 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:18am
post #3 of 7

Nope, my couplers have the slits... I am glad you said that, I will have to look for some. I will try the cutting the opening of a disposable bag and see if that works. Thank you! I just hope the swirls don't collapse!! I am nervous about that!!

ShortcakesSweets Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:09am
post #4 of 7

12 is the largest plain round tip.

kimmypooh79 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:16am
post #5 of 7

Can't you just use the regular coupler and angle it so that the icing that comes through the slit part isn't visible?

gateaux Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:45am
post #6 of 7

Just make sure your icing is not too thin and it should hold up. Try it and see if you need to adjust.

A cut bag or parchment should work fine. Those plain couplers are great too.

Good Luck.

Momkiksbutt Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 6:03am
post #7 of 7

Just cut the end off of a disposable piping bag and pipe that way. It's the easiest, fastest, and no fail way of doing it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%