Here Is My Dress Cake Finally....

Decorating By matwogirls Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 1:07am by michellenj

matwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matwogirls Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:21am
post #1 of 12

So decorating it was going so well. The base was the smoothest I have ever done it. Thanks to Sugarshack!!! I wanted to use fondant for the dress. I made my very first homemade micheles(I Think) fondant and I thought it was rolling really well. I got it up and around the cake cake and torso and had a bright idea that I was going to try some gathers. WELL not such a smart idea. Totally wrecked the fondant and the bottom cake as well. Man was I not happy. So second choice buttercream. Still used fondant for the bodice though. Then needed glue for my sugar as it was not sticking to the fondant, thanks for the ideas costumeczar!! I just use the fondant watered down to make glue idea. worked like a charm. And to everyone else who has helped me and answered my sooo many questions I thank you. CC ROCKS because of YOU!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Janice
LL

11 replies
SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:34am
post #2 of 12

I am making my first doll cake in August. Any chance you could share w/ me some more photos of yours closer up and different angles? I see some sparkle and would love a close up look.

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:36am
post #3 of 12

Cute Cake!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:42am
post #4 of 12

Great job! My one and only doll cake was for my daughter's 5th bday. They're great when they're done, but can be a pain in the process. Congrats on making it!

Paula

HBcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HBcakes Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:50am
post #5 of 12

That looks fantastic- congrats on the turnout especially after the troubles!

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:51am
post #6 of 12

cute cake..i like the sparkly stuff..is that sprinkles or pixie dust?

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:58am
post #7 of 12

Great Job! Very smooth too! You know.. you can re knead fondant if you put it on a cake and have to take it back off(because it was too small or a tear) just tr and take off as many crumbs as possible (use a spatula) remember 1 crumb can turn into 1000,'s of crumbs.. and if buttercream sticks to the fondant dont worry just knead it it. Try and remove if it is ALOT icon_smile.gif It will be fine... just FYI... Ive pulled off fondant if I didnt like the way it was laying on the cake or looked.. and re rolled and had it come out just fine HTH icon_wink.gif KUDOS ON YOUR DOLL CAKE!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:25am
post #8 of 12

Wow the top of the dress looks beautiful. Great Job.

Good Luck.

Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:00am
post #9 of 12

She looks absolutly pristeen! Nice work! thumbs_up.gif

isista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isista Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:11pm
post #10 of 12

Seems very smooooooth...
nice job...

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:05pm