Number Of Servings For Wilton Butterfly Pan???

Decorating By knel Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 2:05am by dee-lite

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 7

...had a request for a butterfly cake for a friend of mine... well, rather than carving one, I have the Wilton butterfly pan... Does anyone know how many people this would serve? She needs it for about 30 people. I have the instruction "manual" that came with the pan, but nowhere on it does it say number of servings. I think the pan looks a little small for that many people, but I don't know.

Can anyone help? Thanks!!!

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:13am
post #2 of 7

Those pans are usually one cake mix and will serve 12-15 people. Do you have some heart pans. You can take them and trim the points to make some butterfly wings.

knel Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:44am
post #3 of 7

I have the 8" heart and the 12" heart... now that is a pretty good idea... what about the middle/the body of the butterfly?

I thought about just doing the Wilton pan and layering it on top of a 11 x 15 sheet, but I don't want to get too big, and I'm trying to keep expenses down. What do you think?

dee-lite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dee-lite Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:52am
post #4 of 7

Why not just do 2 layers of the butterfly pan ?

knel Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:46am
post #5 of 7

never even crossed my mind... that is a good idea, too....

Would that be hard to make level with the top of the cake having indentions and raised places?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:51am
post #6 of 7

You can do two 8ins, trim the ends and use those to form the body, or make a couple off cupcakes for the body.

dee-lite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dee-lite Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 2:05am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by knel

never even crossed my mind... that is a good idea, too....

Would that be hard to make level with the top of the cake having indentions and raised places?

I wouldn't think it would be hard to level The icing filling will fill the gaps where designs/indentations are...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%