Number Of Servings For Wilton Butterfly Pan???

Decorating By knel Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 2:05am by dee-lite

knel Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 7

...had a request for a butterfly cake for a friend of mine... well, rather than carving one, I have the Wilton butterfly pan... Does anyone know how many people this would serve? She needs it for about 30 people. I have the instruction "manual" that came with the pan, but nowhere on it does it say number of servings. I think the pan looks a little small for that many people, but I don't know.

Can anyone help? Thanks!!!

6 replies
TexasSugar Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:13am
post #2 of 7

Those pans are usually one cake mix and will serve 12-15 people. Do you have some heart pans. You can take them and trim the points to make some butterfly wings.

knel Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:44am
post #3 of 7

I have the 8" heart and the 12" heart... now that is a pretty good idea... what about the middle/the body of the butterfly?

I thought about just doing the Wilton pan and layering it on top of a 11 x 15 sheet, but I don't want to get too big, and I'm trying to keep expenses down. What do you think?

dee-lite Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:52am
post #4 of 7

Why not just do 2 layers of the butterfly pan ?

knel Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:46am
post #5 of 7

never even crossed my mind... that is a good idea, too....

Would that be hard to make level with the top of the cake having indentions and raised places?

TexasSugar Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:51am
post #6 of 7

You can do two 8ins, trim the ends and use those to form the body, or make a couple off cupcakes for the body.

dee-lite Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 2:05am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by knel

never even crossed my mind... that is a good idea, too....

Would that be hard to make level with the top of the cake having indentions and raised places?

I wouldn't think it would be hard to level The icing filling will fill the gaps where designs/indentations are...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%