Do My Own Wedding Cake?

Decorating By adriennetc Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm by Monna7122

adriennetc Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 7

Hi yall. I'm new here. In texas been doing cakes off and on for 8 years just now turning it into a small business. I have recently found myself engaged...lol. I am wanting to do the wedding cake myself. The hubby2b thinks i'll stress way too much. What's your opinion?

6 replies
tiggy2 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 7

Unless it's a simple design that can be done ahead of time I'd have to agree with him. Since you have a business do you have employees that could help.

loriemoms Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriennetc

Hi yall. I'm new here. In texas been doing cakes off and on for 8 years just now turning it into a small business. I have recently found myself engaged...lol. I am wanting to do the wedding cake myself. The hubby2b thinks i'll stress way too much. What's your opinion?

Hire someone else to do it. You will have enough to do!!!!

angel951747 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 7

Let someone else do it. Just as everyone else said, you will be busy and it's the last minute details that will drive you to want to rethink the whole wedding

southerncake Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 7

I did my own cake and I wouldn't have had it any other way!! We got married on the beach, so I had to transport it 2-1/2 hours, which is always stressful (even when it's not your own). I used white chocolate seashells, which I made well ahead of time. I just had to be very smart with the scheduling and time. You can do it!! icon_biggrin.gif

AdeleP Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 7

I'm getting married in 2 weeks and was going to do my own cake, after a lot of thought i decided against it as i've still got tons of organising to do and so little time. I agree with everyone else, get someone else to do it!! thumbs_up.gif

Monna7122 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 7

I'm also in Texas, not that it has anything to really do with it icon_wink.gif But I say have your employees do it or someone else completely. I have planned 5 weddings with friends and did the cake on 2, I learned my lesson. It is WAY too stressful to try and deal with it all.
Unless you have a wedding planner that can read your mind and doesnt have to 20 question you daily and takes all that stress away from you where you are just twiddling your thumbs bored icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%