Minette Rusing Or Lori Blethen Classes

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm by PinkZiab

tootie0809 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 2

Has anyone ever had the pleasure of taking classes from either Minette Rushing or Lori Blethen. I drool over their cake websites and amazing creations. I would absolutely love to take the gum paste flowers class with Lori Blethen. Her garden cakes are incredible. However, the tuition is soooooo much. Minette Rushing also has a gum paste class. Her flowers are so beautiful too. I would love to train with either one of them, but both courses are just so much money. I wonder if anyone has had experience with their classes and if the tuition cost is really worth it. I have to admit that I have tried learning sugar flowers from some books and even some Nicholas Lodge DVD's, but I am having a hard time getting things right and I am getting frustrated. Plus I'm just overwhelmed by all the equipment and tools available. I don't know what I do need and what I don't, what cutters and veiners are the best, etc. My head spins sometimes.

1 reply
PinkZiab Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 2

I haven't yet... just been practicing my butt off! lol I am hoping, however, to take Lori Blethen's class in the spring. She is amazing! Her flowers are absolutely breathtaking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%