I Got Married!

Lounge By Amia Updated 11 Aug 2008 , 4:06pm by Amia

Amia Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 26

I'm so excited! My new DH and I eloped! We went to get our marriage license yesterday and they told us we could waive the waiting period and get married right then. So we did! icon_biggrin.gif I'm SO happy! We've been together for 3 years and have two beautiful little boys. Our wedding will still be in March or April 2009, but we wanted to do something official before then! We're not what you'd call "patient" people. icon_lol.gif

It's been a lucky week for us all around! DH was asked by the head of the local film production company (I still don't know the same, how sad, but it's in SA) to produce their next film. That's a big leap from choreographing fight scenes and stunts, but she must see potential in him. And last night, some random stranger gave us free passes to an advance screening of The Rocker!

Anyway, I'm ecstatic and I just wanted to share my news! I hope y'all don't mind! icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

25 replies
sarahpierce Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 26

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting! My DH and I got married almost 3 months to the day that we started dating, and this October it will be 3 very happy years. I love being married, and I love being able to say "my husband..." Congrats again! icon_biggrin.gif

redhare Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 26

Congrats to you both!

Aliwis000 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 26

Wow what wonderful news! Congrats to the both of you and wishes for a long happy life together!

mkolmar Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 26

Congrats!!!!!!

Ruby2uesday Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 26

CONGRATULATIONS! that's wonderful!

Bijoudelanuit Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 26

Congratulations! May all the best be ahead! It sounds like you're off to a wonderful start!

Amia Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 11:28pm
post #8 of 26

Thank you everyone! I feel like I did when we first met! icon_biggrin.gif

And I love being able to say "my husband..." too! And I get to use the "DH" abbr. instead of "FI" now haha. I'm so lame! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

cakebaby59 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:14am
post #9 of 26

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU...MANY LONG AND WONDERFUL YEARS TO YOU BOTH...LINDA

dragonflydreams Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:26am
post #10 of 26

party.gifparty.gifthumbs_up.gif how exciting . . . congrats . . . very cool . . . icon_cool.gif

michellenj Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:28am
post #11 of 26

I'm very happy for you! I know you'll have a long, happy life together.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:37am
post #12 of 26

Congrats!! That is wonderful!

maryak Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:40am
post #13 of 26

CONGRATULATIONS!!! icon_lol.gif That is such exciting news!!!

Amia Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:40am
post #14 of 26

Thanks again! icon_smile.gif Now I have to pick my color scheme and get back to planning the church wedding! The wedding colors I had picked back in 2006 were black and pink with green accents....but now I think I might want like a turquoise/teal blue instead of pink (other colors stay)... icon_mad.gif

Do any of you have an opinion? I can't decide! icon_cry.gif

Monkess Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 5:56pm
post #15 of 26

Congratulations! We had 2 weddings too!!! Which one will be your anniversary? Ours is the eloped one, because the official one was just not so much fun! Cheersicon_smile.gif

Luby Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 7:46pm
post #16 of 26

Congratulations and here's to many happy years together icon_biggrin.gif

Amia Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 9:04pm
post #17 of 26

Ooooh Monkess, that's a good question! I think our anniversary will be the second date. We were planning on getting married this year, then having the big wedding to follow on the same day, a year later, but life got in the way. icon_lol.gif

Monkess Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 1:09pm
post #18 of 26

Cool! Well enjoy this time, its all lovely, including the stressicon_smile.gif

SweetPea0613 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 8:27pm
post #19 of 26

congratulations!!!

I'm just as excited as you cuz I got married june 13 of this year!

Yay for husbands!! icon_lol.gif

Amia Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 10:19pm
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPea0613

congratulations!!!

I'm just as excited as you cuz I got married june 13 of this year!

Yay for husbands!! icon_lol.gif

Congrats to you too! Another newlywed...yay!!!

cinderspritzer Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 7:53pm
post #21 of 26

I got married on the 15th of July! Hooray! Go us!

lepaz Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 8:27pm
post #22 of 26

Congrats!
May he follow you around the supermarket for many happy years!!!

Amia Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:07pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepaz

Congrats!
May he follow you around the supermarket for many happy years!!!

icon_lol.gif Assuming I ever take him with me!

Thanks everyone! I can't wait for the big wedding so I can be a "newlywed" again! icon_lol.gif

lepaz Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:15am
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Quote:

Assuming I ever take him with me!

Well, I don't like to take mine either, so I have to sneak out while he's busy. And when he does manage to go, he complains about the grocery bill AFTER he's thrown in a bunch of junk food!!
Anywho, tell us about what kind of cake you're going to have????? icon_razz.gif
Details, girlfriend, details!

Honeydukes Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:34am
post #25 of 26

Congratulations!! party.gif
So is that why you've had marriage on the brain?

I vote for having two anniversaries. The first one all yours. The second one is for family and friends. Twice the celebration and twice the presents!!

Amia Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 4:06pm
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepaz

Quote:
Quote:

Assuming I ever take him with me!

Well, I don't like to take mine either, so I have to sneak out while he's busy. And when he does manage to go, he complains about the grocery bill AFTER he's thrown in a bunch of junk food!!
Anywho, tell us about what kind of cake you're going to have????? icon_razz.gif
Details, girlfriend, details!

Omg don't ask for details, I don't think there's enough space on CC for that! icon_lol.gif

The link to my wedding site is in my signature, I have a lot of details on there so you can see what colors and stuff. I'm still conflicted on whether I want one big cake or several smaller cakes. I do know that I want lots of color, but simple designs. I change my mind pretty much every day, so who knows what I'll actually end up with. I may end up making my own so I don't drive a cake decorator crazy. The pics I've attached, yeah, I want ALL of those and I may have them... Why am I so indecisive!? icon_cry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydukes

Congratulations!! Party
So is that why you've had marriage on the brain?

I vote for having two anniversaries. The first one all yours. The second one is for family and friends. Twice the celebration and twice the presents!!

YEP! And I LOVE LOVE your idea HAHA!
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%