Any Suggestions - Colours To Use...

Decorating By Koriginals Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 12:27pm by Koriginals

Koriginals Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a 2-tiered Fondant Cake for a 15yr old girl's Birthday. The mother wants the cake to be fun and fancy. She wants a ladybug on top of a large daisy. Since ladybugs are red/black and Daisies being white/yellow does anyone have a suggestion as to what colours of fondant I should use for each layer of cake? If I use to bright of colours the cake could look carnival like and then be too young for the 15yr old? I just cant see this cake for some reason. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

5 replies
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 6

How about a bright yellow (like the center of your daisy) and/or a spring green color? Or stick with one color and do different graduating shades of it.

Koriginals Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you. Yellow as the base, Spring Green on top will look good. Thank you very much. I should be able to buy a spring green colouring for the fondant, Shouldn't I?

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 6

I would imagine if you play with a little bit of green and add some bright yellow it might make the shade you want. My guess is that you probably would have to add more yellow than green to get the "spring" color. Good luck! Be sure to post a picture when you're done. icon_smile.gif

Koriginals Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:27pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for the advice - your cakes are beautiful! The pictures are extremely helpful. Do you have a Large Daisy cut out that you used for the second cake picture?

Quote by @%username% on %date%