How To Find Custom Decorator In My Area?

Decorating By sarge1 Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 5:52pm by bobwonderbuns

sarge1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarge1 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 7

How can I find someone who does custom cakes in my area? It's for my baby shower, and I don't want a sheet cake, and I don't want something tasteless with sugar frosting from a local grocery store. Is there a spot on this website for people advertising their services? I'm in NW Indiana.
Thanks

6 replies
Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 7

I don't think that there is a decorator locator but I'll give you a bump.... Good luck!! thumbs_up.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 7

If you click on the links tab up above, it will take you to a directory. I'm not sure how one gets on this directory, but you might find someone in your area on it.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 7

Are you near Chesterton? Two friends of mine opened the Chesterton Cake Boutique last Fall. Go to my website and click on the Spotlight page -- their info is there. Hope that helps some!! icon_biggrin.gif

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 7

hopefully someone will see your post from your area. That is actually a good idea... to put a section here where we could have a directory.

Everyone is very helpful here and I bet someone will contact you.

sarge1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarge1 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 7

thank you everyone! And yes, I am near Chesterton, so I will check out the Chesterton Cake Boutique, and tell them bobonderbuns sent me icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:52pm
post #7 of 7

Cool!! Janine and Donna are the owners and they're awesome! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%