Urgent: Pink Cake Recipe (?cherry Chip/strwby)

Baking By auntbeesbaking Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 12:38pm by Lady_Phoenix

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 8

The bride-to-be would like a Cherry Chip cake for her shower this weekend. I assumed - and incorrectly I guess - that D.H. no longer makes this cake mix. I have not been able to find it in Pillsbury or B.C. either. Can anyone please supply me with a recipe? I would like to to be cherry chip only with NO chocolate as it is a pink theme.

The bride's second choice is the strawberry and D.H. does have that flavor.

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:48am
post #2 of 8

I would use a white cake mix and chop up very finely some marinchino (sp??) cherries; then make sure to dry them well - on paper toweling?
The only other way I can think of is to buy some cherry hard candies (those round lg gumball size jaw breakers?) and crush them. Do you have a grocery store that sells bulk candies? That is probably your best bet for finding them. Good luck.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 11:59am
post #3 of 8

agree with kakelady as something you can try. You can substitute the chrry juice for the water (or part of it anyway). I have a cherry cookie recipe that I do this with.

I bought cherry chip cake mix recently .. betty crocker brand. But I had to go to 3 different stores to find it. Finally got it at a Meijers. Walmart, Kroger or the other locally owned grocery didnt' carry it.

lane52403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lane52403 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 8

I too have been looking for Cherry Chip cake mix as it is my favorite and had not been able to find it for the longest time. I finally did find it at Walmart, the SuperWalmart, but not the regular Walmart near my house.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:24pm
post #5 of 8

I just use the WASC recipe and chop up some marschino cherries, add some of the juice to help make it pink and I also add some finely choped walnuts or pecans. YUMMY!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:32pm
post #6 of 8

I just bought cherry chip from Walmart and I saw it at Kroger yesterday!
LL

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:32pm
post #7 of 8

You can just use red "jimmies" also....... rather like the FUN FETTIE cakes, but just using one color....I would use the cherry juice with this one also....

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:38pm
post #8 of 8

This recipe makes a 133 x 9 or 2 8 inch layers. HTH

3 c. flour
.5 tsp.salt
1.75 cup sugar
1.5 tsp. vanilla
10 oz. maraschino cherries, chopped, reserving liquid
2.5 tsp baking powder
.66 cup melted butter
2 eggs
milk

Sift dry ingredients together. Cream butter and sugar. Combine cherry liquid and milk to measure 1.25 cups. Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture. Add milk and dry ingredients to sugar mixture, Mix well, then beat for one minute. Fold in chopped cherries. Pour into prepared pans. Bake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%