Making Mmf

Decorating By wendydou Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 4:35am by mommyle

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:26am
post #1 of 4

I made MMF today.. how do I know when it's ready to be stored?? It still feels a little gritty, but it almost feels like the Wilton stuff. so I double wrapped it to work it tomorrow.. I guess I am not sure about the "feel" of it after kneading... can anyone explain what it is supposed to feel like??

Thanks
Wendy

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:17am
post #2 of 4

Right after I make MMF, it usually feels squishy and soft. The next day after it's rested, it is firmer. I've never had it come out gritty...but I make mine the lazy way, kneading it with the KA.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:27am
post #3 of 4

I made tons of it last week when I made the UT Stadium mine came out pretty smooth did you sift your sugar? you may also want to add a little cisco to it when you knead it again.

Molly2

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:35am
post #4 of 4

I do it by hand. I'm a kid at heart. And it's a good excuse for the DH to take care of the kids for 30 min. (I stretch it!!!!)
When you are done with MMF, it really should be smooth. If it isn't smooth after resting overnight, ask yourself a couple of questions.... Did I get a really gritty batch of PS? Did I sift it? Did my shortening have grit in it?
I have personally had nothing but total success with MMF (unless it was chocolate, but that is another thread). Michele Foster's fondant is super awesome too. More buttery and not so Kid-like. Feel free to PM with more questions. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%