Banana Buttercream (Wilton) Frosting?

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 2:06am by sweet_2th_fairy

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone had any experience with adding fresh bananas to your buttercream frosting? I have some extra ripe bananas and was going to add some to the cake mix and was wondering if I could add some to the frosting, too. Or is that too much banana flavorings? Is there a better flavor for the frosting?

5 replies
KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't tried adding bananas to BC, but it sounds yummy. I usually use cream cheese icing on banana cake--that's really good if you want to try a different flavor. (Hopefully someone else can help you better!)

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 6

I would be more prone to add banana extract/flavoring. I think it would be a texture thing for me with real bananas. As far as icing to compliment banana cake...vanilla, cream cheese, or cinnamon.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 6

Here is a recipe for banana frosting in the recipe section using bananas. It has 5 stars:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2214-Banana-Icing.html

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:32pm
post #5 of 6

Also try banana extract, you can get it at any grocery store, its so good, but i havent tried it on bc.

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 2:06am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the replies. I tried making the 5 star banana frosting that was recommended, but it didn't come out right. Is it because I halved the recipe? It still looks delicious, but it looks more like it could be used as a banana filling, not frosting. It has the consistency of jelly. Any advice on what I did wrong?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%