Buttercream Base...

Baking By FrostedFavours Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 7:43am by FrostedFavours

FrostedFavours Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 3

I want to try this frosting recipe, 'Dream Whip Buttercream Icing', (found on CC) but the recipe calls for a 'buttercream base'.
In my short repertorie of cakery (notice newbie) I need a clearer understanding of what the recipe originator meant. Any ideas?

If anyone has tested this recipe and/or has something to share that will enlighten me I would appreciate it.

Have your own recipe for a whipped frosting that can stand up to some piping? I'd gladly give it a try.

I have a cake waiting in the wings and a family chomping at the bit.
If I don't get it covered soon they will not hesitate to dig in.
I need the decorating practice, but if I decorated a dummy cake the troops would be irritated.

Texas heat and an irritated family is a bad combination, please don't make me go there. icon_cry.gif

2 replies
JanH Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:42am
post #2 of 3

Buttercream base is a hard to find product for most. icon_sad.gif

Here's all the info I have:

Don't know if you could successfully substitute icing base, i.e. either Brite White or Angel White Icing base. There is also a chocolate fudge icing base.

The Angel White & chocolate icing bases are available online....

If you can buy in bulk National Flavors is quite reasonable:

Here's an "Everything you ever wanted to know about making your first tiered cake thread" that has several popular CC buttercream recipes:

FrostedFavours Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 7:43am
post #3 of 3

Thank You for all the information. It took me a while to read it all, but I learned a lot.
Your research and sharing has been much appreciated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%