Chocolate Version Of Michele Foster's Fondant?

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 1:07pm by tootie0809

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 12

I just made her fondant recipe yesterday. YUM! I tried making fondant a couple months ago and it was really gross, so I was a little hesitant to try again. But after reading such good reviews on her recipe, I tried it yesterday and love it! It was not nearly as hard to make as I thought too. Anyway, is there a way to make a chocolate version of this yummy fondant?

11 replies
KathyAM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyAM Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:23am
post #2 of 12

I hope someone else can answer this question. I read a post yesterday about white chocolate fondant and a recipe was given. I compared it to Michele Foster's recipe and it was identical except that 6 oz. chopped white chocolate was added to the hot liquid. If you can add white chocolate, it seems logical that you could add another kind of chocolate instead of white chocolate. I just don't know how much of a chocolate flavor you would get by doing it that way.

CristinaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristinaB Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:34am
post #3 of 12

I actually read about making a chocolate version of Michelle Foster's fondant a while back. I wrote "1 cup of chocolate chips" on a sticky note and didn't write how to deal with them! I'm assuming you'd melt them in the hot liquid like you would with a white chocolate recipe. I heard the flavor is great and the color is a lighter brown.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:01am
post #4 of 12

Yep! All you do is add some chocolate chips to the cooking part of the recipe. A little more glycerin might be needed if it becomes too stiff. It does make a light chocolate color, but tastes great. If you need the color to be darker, then just add some brown food color. The gel has glycerin in it, so be careful about the consistency if you make it dark.

It's great to read how well liked this recipe is.

Michele

summerolivia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summerolivia Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:09am
post #5 of 12

Thank you for the info! I have been wanting to make chocolate fondant for about a year now, and have yet to do so. Now I think I will try it this weekend. icon_smile.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:21am
post #6 of 12

Yeah! I've been wanting to know too. So glad I'll be able to use white & dark chocolate!

tootie0809 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:33am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarflowers

Yep! All you do is add some chocolate chips to the cooking part of the recipe. A little more glycerin might be needed if it becomes too stiff. It does make a light chocolate color, but tastes great. If you need the color to be darker, then just add some brown food color. The gel has glycerin in it, so be careful about the consistency if you make it dark.

It's great to read how well liked this recipe is.

Michele

Awesome! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for the help!

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:37am
post #8 of 12

Thanks Michele,I can't wait to try the chocolate version.I don't paticularly care for choco-pan,and this will be a great alternative!

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:40am
post #9 of 12

I made this last weekend for a wedding cakes (in my photos) and it came out great. Very easy to work with and tasted great. I did add some Choc Brown color to it to make it a little darker.

Susan

cakelady48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady48 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:02am
post #10 of 12

Can anyone tell me where I can find this recipe.I need to make chocolate fondant this week. Thanks so much

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:03pm
post #11 of 12

I would love the recipe too icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%