A First For Me - Ever Happened To You?

Decorating By Zahrah Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 5:06am by tootie0809

Zahrah Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 5

I received a call yesterday from a potential customer that wants one of my cakes, but she wants me to use her recipe. I declined, of course. But really - how often does THAT happen????

BTW....she wants a giant dolphin fish, like the one in my pictures, in red velvet. How unappealing to cut open the fish and it's red.

4 replies
cakedout Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 5

on the fish.....ewwwww! icon_surprised.gif

And the odd request....yes, I've had that happen once or twice. And once I had someone want to bring in a plain sheetcake they either made themselves or bought at Wal-Mart and wanted me to decorate it for them! icon_confused.gif

uhhhh.... no.

Ruby2uesday Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 5

not my style, but here in the south area (louisiana and tx) i've seen them make Armadillo cakes like that. red velvet. GROSS!!!! lol i had to decline a recipe from a customer but did find an alternative that she was ok with! good luck

TexasSugar Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:50am
post #4 of 5

I make a red velvet lamb cake for Easter almost every year. This year I made carrot cake and they were actually disappointed. icon_smile.gif

tootie0809 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:06am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby2uesday

not my style, but here in the south area (louisiana and tx) i've seen them make Armadillo cakes like that. red velvet. GROSS!!!! lol i had to decline a recipe from a customer but did find an alternative that she was ok with! good luck

LOL! Makes me think of Steel Magnolias.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%