Hex Separator Plates?!?

Decorating By Melvira Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 1:56am by Melvira

Melvira Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 13

I never purchased the Wilton hexagon separator plates when I bought the pans, and now they are discontinued!! I have a wedding August 16th where she just requested I make the cakes hex shaped. (No one has every requested a tiered hex cake so I never needed them until now!) Does anyone know of a place to get some? (I checked eBay, couldn't find a set) I can always make something, but I'd sure like to get the plates! Any help is appreciated!

12 replies
nattyk Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 13

What size do you need? I noticed some at Ben Franklin the other day and was going to buy them, but didn't. It seems like they only had one size though.

FromScratch Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 13

Check out Logic Pic

They have them.. and petal shaped ones too. icon_smile.gif

edited to remove the link since apparently we can't link to logic pic on this site icon_confused.gif

Melvira Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 13

Jeanne, would you mind PM'ing me the link? I'd really like to see if they have what I need at a reasonable price! Thanks in advance!

I am looking for at least the three smallest ones, but would prefer to get the whole 'set' just in case. I think the sizes are 6", 9", 12", and 15". That might not be right... off the top of my head I can't exactly recall! But thanks for the head's up, I don't think we have Ben Franklin around here anymore. thumbsdown.gif We used to and I liked it, but they disappeared quite a while ago.

FromScratch Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 13

www.logic pic.com

Just copy and paste and take out the space. icon_smile.gif

they have a whole system, but you can buy just the boards. I am going to get some square and round ones.

FromScratch Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 13

They are pricier than the cardboard cake boards, but they sound great!

Melvira Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 13

Thank you so much!!

nattyk Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:19am
post #8 of 13

I can check at Ben Franklins if you want and see what they have, if you want.

nattyk Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:20am
post #9 of 13

Got a little carried away with the "if you want"

KoryAK Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:28am
post #10 of 13

you can use round ones too.

Melvira Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:07am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattyk

I can check at Ben Franklins if you want and see what they have, if you want.

That would be so very sweet of you!! Thank you!

nattyk Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #12 of 13

Went to BF, the few plates they had on clearance were marked $1. The hex plates were still $5.99, so I asked one of the salesladies and she didn't know anything, everyone else was busy. My guess is it is $1-$2. I don't know how they measure them but if you measured from tip to tip it was 13", if you measured from side to side it was 11 1/2". They only had 2 hex plates and they were of this size. Let me know if they will do you any good.

Melvira Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:56am
post #13 of 13

Oh man... I wish they had all the sizes... just that one won't do me much good since it's a three tiered cake. (Unless I find the other two but can't find that one!) I SO appreciate you checking it out though! That was so nice of you!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%