I Think Ganache Hates Me.

Decorating By BellaSweet Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 6:28pm by BellaSweet

BellaSweet Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 6

So I made two batches of ganache yesterday. And they set up almost all the way. It didn't get to that stiff peak consistency that I needed. When I went to do a shell border it stayed for like 5 seconds then kinda melded together. You could tell there were shells just looked like one big long shell. And when I iced it with the ganache, it kept on slideing down after a few minutes. Even when I put it into the freezer, it still drooped when I took it out. I used the ganache I recipe in the recipe section. What am I doing wrong. I really want gancahe to like me icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

5 replies
norma20 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 6

For my ganache I usually use 8 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate + 1 cup heavy cream.
Maybe your amount of chocolate was too little...

BellaSweet Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 6

Well, I went by the recipe which was 10 oz of chocolate and 8 oz of cream...??? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

norma20 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 6

Since that 8 oz of cream is 1 cup, it seems that you used more than enough chocolate...
I have no idea what went wrong. Sorry! icon_sad.gif

aswartzw Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 6

Did you whip it with your mixer? Make it, refrigerate it overnight, and take it out and whip it. It will be fine.

BellaSweet Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 6

hmmmm. i thought about how people whip it. Whip it! Whip it! Whip it good! ....sorry, just broke into song and dance at my desk. icon_redface.gificon_razz.gif I'll have to try that next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%