Help Shipping A Cake On Greyhound

Business By twooten173 Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm by sari66

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 6

I need to get a cake to Richmond, VA from Pittsburgh, PA. I can ship it on Greyhound in a container with dry ice. I wanted to do a two tier cake with a tiara on it. Do you think it will make it there in tact? I was thinking covering it with fondant would help it some. Any suggestions? icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know that I'd do it just because i've ridden on the bus and it's a bumpy ride thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif
Is there a reason you can't mail it? with the dry ice and fondant it should be fine.

hth

sari66 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know that I'd do it just because i've ridden on the bus and it's a bumpy ride thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif
Is there a reason you can't mail it? with the dry ice and fondant it should be fine.

hth

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:13am
post #4 of 6

Can you mail a two tier cake? I'd think they would turn it upside down a few times.

Tarabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tarabell Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 6

My husband worked for Greyhound over Christmas one year. I would not suggest using them if the horror stories he told me are true, and I have no reason to believe they aren't. Good luck!

sari66 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm
post #6 of 6

Well, I think if it's packed really well so that no shifting occurred and you marked the box this side up and told them that it had to stay right side up it may be ok.
Or try one of the other shipping companies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%