Now I Know What You're Talking About!

Baking By CristyInMiami Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm by SugaredUp

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:22am
post #1 of 6

I had a few friends ask about my cookies and after they receive the price list they never answer back.

I don't know if they were expecting a discount or if they just think its way to expensive.

My prices are: bouquets with 5 cookie/$25 7c/$30 9c/$35 11c/$40

$24 per dozen (minimum) all hand decorated with fondant and RI. Each one measures 2-3 inches

$2 each after the dozen. An additional 25¢ for a favor tag per cookie.

I even told them that I would give them an extra 3 cookies for being my first customers, tags included.

and still nothing!

5 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 6

You shouldn't be having a problem, your cookies are beautiful! I do a lot of charity events, where the money goes to charity, and I donate to school events, that gets them seen. Also delivered to friends in their workplaces, again, so the cookies could be seen. At the charity events, I would have samples so people could taste them. You pricing is not too high at all.

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 6

thanks. I like the charity idea and am going to check out what I can do around here. Thanks.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 6

Another thought on the charity thing...many of the women associated with organizing these events have money and are willing to pay for quality goods! A great avenue for getting your cookies seen by the right people.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 6

another thought is business openings, for example, a john deere store opening, maybe send a bouquet of tractors, or a jewlery store, they are seen by a lot of people.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #6 of 6

Those prices are more than fair!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%