Buying A Business?? (Long)

Business By joy5678 Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 3:00am by joy5678

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:37am
post #1 of 12

For months now I've posted a lot of questions and asked for your help regarding purchasing an existing cake business. I've been really hesitant to go forward with it when I've never worked in a bakery. So, guess what happened? The owner called to see if I would be interested in coming to work for her. Her granddaughter who has been working for her, got another job, so she needs some help. I am soooo excited & surprised. Now I can see if it really is what I want to do or not. I will gain lots of experience & inside information on the business itself. I figure I'll be able to learn the customers & how much work it really is and how much business they really do on a daily basis. She asked me if I am still interested in buying the business & of course I told her yes. This is so crazy, my DH & I were talking about this recently & considered going to her & asking if I could work for her for nothing for until I made up my mind, but I knew she would have thought I was a screwball (I am), so I didn't. icon_lol.gif This is great===now I get paid to find out what I need to know. Just wanted to share this with you because you have all been so helpful & encouraging in my venture. God works in mysterious ways and you just never know what can happen when waiting for clear direction. I will keep you posted as to what happens on the rest of my "cake saga journey!" In the meantime--Thank you All for everything! thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
isista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isista Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:09am
post #2 of 12

well good luck & congratulations
keep us posted

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:54am
post #3 of 12

CONGRATS and best wishes! icon_smile.gif
As isista said, keep us posted!
icon_smile.gif

grami948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grami948 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:51am
post #4 of 12

This is your perfect opportunity & glad you are embracing it! Best of luck & hope you learn everything you hoped for & more!

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 12

CONGRATS thumbs_up.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 12

Sounds like an ideal situation. I've been told by several people there is a older lady who has a licensed shop beside her house who is retired. Her daughter tried to follow in her footsteps, but for some reason didn't continue. I think about all that cake stuff all the time! It's just sitting there so lonely! One day I hope I get the guts to contact her.

I wish you the best of luck!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:28pm
post #7 of 12

Congrats let us know how it goes

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:10pm
post #8 of 12

well that couldn't be more perfect.

either way you'll have closure.

God is lookin out for you!

joy5678 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:21am
post #9 of 12

Thank you all for your encouraging words. You are sooooo right littlecake, He is always looking out for me because He knows how much I need for Him to! Messybaker, I'll just bet that lady would love to talk "cake" with someone who loves it as much as she did. Who knows what can come from such a friendship! She might just be waiting for "you"! I'll start working in about 2 weeks and I'll definitely keep you posted! Happy Cakin to you all!

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 8:51pm
post #10 of 12

What a great opportunity for you. PLEASE keep us posted I would love to know what it is like. There is a bakery near me for sale with an apt above it. I would love to buy it, but way to much. Hoping that when it sells I can rent. The realtor knows I'm interested. Better to buy then rent, but upfront money is just not available.

spring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spring Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:07am
post #11 of 12

Congratulations on this wonderful opportunity! Please let us know how you like it.

Minette
www.minetterushing.typepad.com

joy5678 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 3:00am
post #12 of 12

You are all so encouraging! I am so excited & nervous about going to work & the possibility of ownership. I'm counting down the days & trying to contain all the ideas I have from popping out of my head. I definitely will keep you all posted as to what happens.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%