Where Does Everybody Purchase Cake Boxes?

Decorating By Ladiesofthehouse Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 12:09am by PattyT

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:29am
post #1 of 11

Hi,

I am new here and love this site! I have learned so much already--thank you. My question is where is the best place to purchase boxes to deliver your completed cakes in? I am on an island in Alaska and there is absolutely nothing like that here. I went to the grocery store bakery and bought an empty 1/2 sheet plastic cake container for the last cake I did, but I know they aren't going to do that again--I mean, I'm the competition!

I have large plastic trays but I don't like having to go back to the customer and ask for my things back--it seems very tacky and unprofessional to me. I just want to be able to mail order some different sizes of cake boxes and such.

Thanks for any help!

Kris

10 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 11

Hi, Welcome to CC!

Here is where I get my boxes:

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/subcategory.aspx?T=1&CatId=538&ShopId=38

or

http://globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=872

There are other places for wholesale, but I don't need those quanities so I order from the above.

HTH

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 11

www.brpboxshop.com

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 11

I get them from Country Kitchens too - I can't store full cases!

beachcomber2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcomber2 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 11
Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:12pm
post #6 of 11

I've been buying them 1 or 2 at a time at our local cake supply store. I'm going to make some room in my "office" to store these in bulk. What a time and money saver!

Thanks for the links. thumbs_up.gif

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 11

Hmmm... Considering the cost of fuel and shipping charges, I'm trying to think of what might be close to you. If you don't need them in bulk, do you have a craft store like AC Moore or Michael's nearby? They carry them. Also, I think some of the Wal-Mart stores have started carrying them as well (but you might want to call them first). Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 11

All of these online places are great suggestions but we have to remember Ladiesofthehouse lives in Alaska so anything shipped to her is going to cost a fortune...She may have to find a source in Anchorage and then possibly go into the city and pick them up if she is on a small island.Check around though locally and see where the other stores/bakeries order their stuff from and see if you can find someone who possibly owns a resteraunt etc...who you could spilt the shipping with.

norma20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
norma20 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:51pm
post #9 of 11

I get mines at www.fondantsource.com

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:59pm
post #10 of 11

I used someone on eBay. Nice corrugated cake boxes, and blank pizza boxes for miniatures, tartlets and cookies.

Haven't ordered in a long time, but will try and find the name.

When you search eBay, especially the eBay merchants who sell without auctioning, you can specify the state(s) or even province (British Columbia) you want in order to save shipping.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:09am
post #11 of 11

Found it!

eBay name is: theboxstores
eBay Store name is: The Box Stores On-Line

Smaller qtys depending on the item - took a quick look and 14x14x6" cake boxes are available in qty of 25.

They list that they have to charge Texas tax, so that's probably where they are...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%