In Love With The Maintenance Man!!!

Lounge By Texas_Rose Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 1:53pm by Shelle_75

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:57am
post #1 of 10

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Not really, but... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

He fixed my air conditioner so I can cook again!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been able to bake because it's been 85 or 90 in the apartment.

Also, best of all...I showed him how the oven gasket was missing and how the indicator light doesn't come on when the burners are turned on...and he said that he couldn't fix it, so.................they will have to order me a new stove!!! And I told him I didn't think they would replace it if it was still working at all, and he said that it wasn't safe the way it is so he will make sure they replace it.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're only going to be here for a year but a decent stove will make it much more pleasant!

9 replies
maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:00am
post #2 of 10

Ha ha!!! That's fantastic, you get a guy who fixes stuff for you and manages to get you new whitegoods at the same time!! What more could you ask for!!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:08am
post #3 of 10

Be careful! Mine got me a new dishwasher (the old one, and I do mean old, wasn't washing the dishes properly.)

So, I got a brand new dishwasher (I'm sure the cheapest one available) and guess what, it doesn't do as good a job as the old one! The dividers are also weird in this one, it is impossible to load the dishes in any reasonable way.

Now my ice maker is acting up and I'm afraid to say anything about it!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:58am
post #4 of 10

Sounds like he deserves a cake or some cup cakes. (when you see that new stove, of course icon_wink.gif )

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 10

When reading the topic heading did anyone else jump to some fantasy of a hot maintaince man coming to fix something ....you know wearing a tight white t shirt jeans a little sweaty with a big hammer an....stop it alicia...stop it.

icon_smile.gif

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:28pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliwis000

When reading the topic heading did anyone else jump to some fantasy of a hot maintaince man coming to fix something ....you know wearing a tight white t shirt jeans a little sweaty with a big hammer an....stop it alicia...stop it.

icon_smile.gif

ROTFL...I was thining the same thing too!!

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:27am
post #7 of 10

I must be getting old (42) I read the post and thought you got a great applicance or he fixed something that was broken.

My central air went 5 weeks ago and I called the repairman thinking it would cost me a new AC unit. It was out of freion. It only cost me $200 instead of $4 to 6k for a new unit.

I told the repairman that I loved him. He said you are the 5th person to tell me that today. 3 women and 2 men. (LOL)

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:44am
post #8 of 10

If he works it out for you to have a new stove, take it and I agree with Ohara that he could use some cupcakes.

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 7:35pm
post #9 of 10

he definately deserves some nice baked goods. icon_smile.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:53pm
post #10 of 10

Now I have that Toby Keith song stuck in my head!

icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%