Psycho Ex Babysitter Strikes Again!!!!

Lounge By barbaranoel Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 4:14pm by VannaD

barbaranoel Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:21am
post #1 of 8

Last fall my ex (now she is anyways) babysitter called CPS on us saying my 3yr old liked to play with knives, scissors and razor blades and liked to cut himself.

Needless to say, 5 min after talking to him and myself they realized that the allegation was false but there is still an "Unsubstantiated" claim, we will never get that cleared off our record. icon_cry.gif

She lives around the corner from me, her son goes to my older son's school and she is a very nosey person. I just found out tonight that she called CPS on the lady who lives across the street from her (a mutual friend) and told them she was babysitting for too many kids! They have been able to prove that false also.

I wonder if there is anything we can do now, especially since she has filed two false claims? It has been almost a year and I have yet to "get over" this, dh says he is not a vindictive person, but I'm beginning to think I am. I want to see her pay for putting my family through this.

When her son shot mine in the chest with a BB gun, I didn't call CPS on her, hindsight being 20/20 I know now I should have. He did that a year ago, is it too late to call? The same day the kid turned the gun on a 2yr old and told her to get out of the garage or he was going to shoot her. At the time I was being stupid and thought "Boys will be boys" and his parents punished him enough, but was it really? I guess I thought we were friends then and I chalked it up to being an accident, looking back, I see now the kid has several behavioral issues and control and anger problems. We keep waiting to see his name on the police blogger.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to get it off my chest.
Barb

7 replies
tchrmom Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:26am
post #2 of 8

I don't know about CPS for that incident (although I cannot believe they allowed their child unsupervised access to a firearm-- even a BB gun), but I certainly wouldn't allow my child near her home. I wonder if you could call CPS and point out that this woman has now filed two false claims and ask what can be done about her, if anything. Just the fact that you did that might get someone's attention, if not officially, then just in that person's mind. It might make them think twice before listening to her any more.

barbaranoel Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:29am
post #3 of 8

When I heard they had a bb gun, they swore to me that it was kept locked in a cabinet where none of the kids could get to it.

I have very strong feelings of my kids being around guns and in houses where guns are kept.

After this happened they said they threw the gun away and it was gone for ever. Now why do I not believe that?

VannaD Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 8

i agree you should call and it least give someone a heads up, wow some ppl. It makes me sick that there are ppl out there who would make up false allegations and risk an innocent child being taken from there parents just because they feel like. Im mad just thinking about this, i feel like theres a line you just dont cross, and she definately has, good luck to you and your family and maybe one day she'll move or at least develop a consciounce(sp?) until then id stay away from her and her kids, and her kids are probably the ones who are really in danger. good luck

Texas_Rose Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 8

I read this yesterday and had to think about it. There are probably more than two false reports she's made to CPS. People who do home daycare especially like to report each other and parents who quit having them babysit...it sounds terrible, but I've heard of it happening a lot. The way that it works here is that if you make a false report to CPS, then CPS can investigate you, if it's shown that you didn't have any reasonable cause to make a report. So basically if she were making false reports in TX, she could get investigated herself and possibly get in trouble. I don't know if that's how it works in other states.

It's really hard when someone treats you so badly and you just have to let it go...my husband's philosophy is that karma will get people in the end, and if we just wait long enough, then something bad will eventually happen to whoever treated us badly. That works for him, but I'm more of a results person...I don't want to wait years. I had a friend who quit being a friend and instead of just being a stranger, decided to be an enemy. We had to move because of it. I'm kind of upset about the move and since I know she's lied to get food stamps, cheated on her taxes for years, and her husband is wanted in another state for never paying child support (they keep sending papers to him and he just tells them they've got the wrong guy), it's very tempting to make a few calls and send some misery their way for how much they inconvenienced us.

It feels like such a challenge to keep our families safe, and something like what happened to you can really shatter your sense of well-being and make it feel like your family is really fragile. I can understand why you want some sort of venegance. I don't think calling CPS will do you any good, though. I think they're probably already aware of that woman making false reports. You could possibly sue the woman for it, but you'd have to talk to a lawyer in your area and find out what was possible, and it would cost some money that it's probably not worth spending.

If someone shot my child in the chest with a BB gun, I wouldn't call CPS. I would call the cops. A BB gun isn't a toy, you have to be 18 to purchase it and it can do some damage to someone if you shoot them in just the right spot. I probably wouldn't go downtown and press charges against the other child for assaulting mine...but I would call the cops. You can't do it now because it would have needed to be done right after it happened, but keep it in mind for next time.

barbaranoel Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:29am
post #6 of 8

Update:

I did call CPS today and asked them, because she has now filed 2 false reports, is there anything we can do? They of course give me the standard "We can't tell you who filed them, these cases are confidental, etc etc etc..." so I told them they didn't need to give me any info - I had it all already, she was more than willing to fess up.

She did say we can file a report with the police, harassment or something. But they did take my name, the name of the other victim and Her name and address and said they would note our files that she now has a record of filing false claims.

The other victim called me this evening and said (For simplicity let's call her Psycho) Psycho called the police on her and filed a harassment complaint!! Again, the cops walked away with nothing except another complaint against Psycho!

My friend said she also called CPS and spoke with the woman in charge - who happens to be my friend's friend (am I getting to confusing here?)
and she said they are no longer taking any claims from Psycho because obviously she does this when she gets mad at someone. YEAH! At least now I know she can't do this to anyone else. That part is at least over now.

I did ask my friend if there was any way she can talk to CPS for me and see if they can get rid of our record! She is going to try. Can't hurt to ask!

Today is the first day in the last year that I've felt some kind of relief that this is coming to an end soon and we'll be vindicated.

All day today I've wanted to have her little world come crashing down on her so I think its going to happen. I do believe that CPS is going to "Check" up on her now thumbs_up.gif

Barb

athompson0525 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:54am
post #7 of 8

I hope this works out for you.

Next time I see my cousin I'll have to ask if there is anything you can do. He is a Delaware cop (the K9 unit).

VannaD Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 8

wow, good job, at least you have the ball rolling, hopefully they can do something about it, it is crazy that any nut can call CPS and say whatever they want and CPS makes a record and checks up on ppl, i know its all to protect the childeren but some ppl just take advantage of it, its sad, very sad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%