Where To Buy Fat Daddio's Pans???

Business By mom2spunkynbug Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 4:22pm by MacsMom

mom2spunkynbug Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:14am
post #1 of 17

I was planning on ordering a 6", 8", and 10" square Fat Daddio's pans from Global Sugar Art, but they are out of the 6"!

I went to Michael's tonight & they only have the 8" & 10" regular square pans (where the sides look slightly bent out). I was hoping they'd have the "decorator prefered" or whatever they're called.

I went to eBay & there are no Fat Daddio square pans there either. I really need these for Wednesday or Thursday next week. Does anyone know where I can get straight-sided square pans in these sizes by this time next week?

Thanks in advance.

16 replies
KrisD13 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:12am
post #2 of 17

I'm sorry, I have no idea. icon_sad.gif

suzylynn58 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:01pm
post #3 of 17

Check with cakesbysam.com. She has lots of pans. That's where I got mine.

Susan

mom2spunkynbug Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 17

Thanks Susan I will try there!

emrldsky Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 17

Did you look at intotheoven.com? They don't have the 6x2" Fat Daddios pan in stock, but they have the Magic Line one, and the other two sizes in Fat Daddios.

They're processing is usually same day, and depending on where you live, you could receive it in a couple of days. The warehouse is in Springfield, IL, and I receive my orders the next day, because I'm in Indiana.

kayjess Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 17

I found mine at sugarcraft.com.

CocoaBlondie Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:05pm
post #7 of 17

Thanks for this forum! I was just about to post one very similar. Now I know where to look.

foxymomma521 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:08pm
post #8 of 17

www.fondantsource.com is the cheapest I've found. Coupon "cakecentral" will save another 10%

yvy_cano Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:12pm
post #9 of 17

I second fondantsource.com (No spaces)... They have a great selection and offer a discount to all cake central members! I love them, I always go there! Brian says I should have my own parking spot lol

sweetideas Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:58pm
post #10 of 17

some cake stores have pans you can rent--have you tried that?

MacsMom Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:00pm
post #11 of 17

Yes, definitely www.fondantsource.com! Best prices, PLUS if you enter "cakecentral" in the coupon code you save another 10%. They also send you a $1 off coupon with the order, but the CC code is always a bigger money saver.

They have called me the same day to tell me that a pan wasn't in stock and asked if they could replace it with the 3" at no additional cost (or refund the amount). They answer e-mails usually same day, as well. Great customer service.

nicolepa Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:20pm
post #12 of 17

My Sur La Table has Magic Line in square. I just bought some ML rounds and I love, love, love them!

leah_s Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:23pm
post #13 of 17

If you can find Magic Line pans, I'd highly recommend them.

Be aware that you should bake no higher than 300 degress in Fat Daddio pans. There was a BIG hubbub here at CC a few weeks ago. Therefore you will need to check brands of pans that might go into the oven together. Magic Line pans and even Wilton pans require no special handling/special baking temps. If you are baking at more than 300 degrees, then you should NOT mix in the FD's because they will not bake like you expect.

That makes FD pans useless to me, since I am a volume baker. When I bake I load up my oven and can't be concerned with a pan that needs special handling.

However, if you're just starting out and building your pan collection/inventory, then by all means use FD.

karebear34453 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:34pm
post #14 of 17

I got my Fat Daddio's from cincicakeandcandy.com

I really love those pans!!!

robinscakes Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:42pm
post #15 of 17

You can also get them at www.shopbakersnook.com (no spaces)

I've just recently purchased some (6, 8, 10, 12" squares) used them for many cakes, and I've only baked at 350. I've had no problem. I don't know what the fallout was a while back that leahs wrote about, but for me, I've had no problems and like the pans very much.

nicolepa Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:01pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinscakes

You can also get them at www.shopbakersnook.com (no spaces)

I've just recently purchased some (6, 8, 10, 12" squares) used them for many cakes, and I've only baked at 350. I've had no problem. I don't know what the fallout was a while back that leahs wrote about, but for me, I've had no problems and like the pans very much.

On the thread Leah is refering to, someone tested both the FD & ML pans and the FD were much more crumby among other things. Long story short the owner of FD came on and said that to get the best results you should never cook above 300 in their pans.

MacsMom Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:22pm
post #17 of 17

I bake ML and FD ogether all the time at 325. I use Bake Even Strips so maybe that helps (?)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%