Hannah Montana Cake And Wedding Cakes

Decorating By angellang Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 2:58pm by Bakki

angellang Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:50am
post #1 of 9

I need ideas on hm cakes never did a bwt can't even find a good coloring pic of her for free on here any ideas? and also only did one wedding cake before how can I make it etc without the icing getting hard as it sits for a few days?

8 replies
jammjenks Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 9

I did this one of Hannah Montana.

I just used a colored picture from the internet and laminated it. If you leave a long tail on the bottom of the picture, you can just stick it into the cake. If you have an edible image printer, you could always go that route. I think people are hard to draw on cakes, so I usually go this route. Another thing to think about, you could always do a guitar cake. There are TONS of guitar cakes on here.

As for the wedding cake, I guess you could use a non-crusting bc. My cakes are usually iced on Thursday night for Saturday/Sunday events, and I've never had a problem. I use a crusting bc only.

angellang Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 9

I do not know what a non crusting icing is. never got a recipe and I have done many guitar cakes. and she is not wanting that at all. I have only done one wedding cake and that was for my class and I put it in the freezer for 2 months for my best friends daughters wedding and everyone loved it. Oh not sure about one more thing is it ok to freeze it with the rose etc on it? Thanks for your help

angellang Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:09am
post #5 of 9

ok here is what I did with mine trying to get this to post somehow thanks for looking let me know what you think can someone please tell me how to post the pic

angellang Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:17am
post #6 of 9

the pic

prterrell Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 9

No offense, but could you please use punctuation in your posts? Reading run on sentences is very difficult.

Meringue-based buttercreams are non-crusting. There are several recipes in the recipes section of this site for meringue-based buttercreams.

Win Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 9

I made this one for my friend's little girl.

It is a frozen reverse bc transfer. I got the coloring page from the internet
(just search Hannah Montana coloring pages.)

It turned out really well and was an easy cake to do. Good Luck!

Bakki Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:58pm
post #9 of 9

I helped a friend with her daughters 5th bday cake & they wanted a HM Guitar cake! It turned out a lil wobbly..Wont go into details but I think we got away with a few errors in the end!

So this was her vision of a HM cake...I drew up a sketch & away we went! We put the 'H' & 'M' on the cake and the lil girl having the Party had her OWN figurine sitting on the guitar edge.
All done with fondant & gumpaste pieces premade the day b4.

Quote by @%username% on %date%