Help With Roses

Decorating By believer Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 7:26pm by believer

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:38am
post #1 of 5

I AM NEW AT DECORATING. I CANNOT GET THE ROSES TO ACT RIGHT. THE ICE KEEPS BREAKING WHEN I SWIRL THE NAIL. I HAVE TIRED STIFF AND MED ICING. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? icon_cry.gif

4 replies
marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:51am
post #2 of 5

hi there.. I have he same problem when I do my roses sometimes.. I put the icing in the refi for a few mintues to get them cold.. Taht should help, also.. do you have the bag filled up to high? That could be a problem.. Make sure that you have a good grip on the bag..

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:04am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by believer

I AM NEW AT DECORATING. I CANNOT GET THE ROSES TO ACT RIGHT. THE ICE KEEPS BREAKING WHEN I SWIRL THE NAIL. I HAVE TIRED STIFF AND MED ICING. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? icon_cry.gif

Are you rotating the nail too fast? Try turning it a bit slower.

gr8_seamstress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8_seamstress Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 5

To make roses, or any flower with "stand up petals" you need to use a stiff consistancy icing. If it is to stiff the edges of your petal will be frayed & jagged. If it is to thin your petals will "melt" into each other. When turning the nail use your thumb to push the nail to your fingertip. At the same time you turn the nail squeeze out petals in a arch, keeping them short. Don't try to make them to long. Keep practicing.....they get better with each one!

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your replies! I will keep practicing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%