Please Tell Me I Got A Good Deal!!!

Decorating By fluttercakes Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 2:04am by mary-ann

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 10

I just took place in an online auction for a Hobart 20qt Mixer complete with an equipment stand (didn't know that until the bidding was almost over, btw). The auction house had two 20qt on auction...I watched the first one to see how high the price went because I wanted the other mixer anyways since it came with it's guard and it looked better (the first one had nicks and scratches and some of the paint was worn off).

Well, the first auction went for $1050 which I thought was pretty dang good. The one I took place in went for $1300 (to me)! It looks like it has only the whisk from the picture, but it could very well have everything (it looks like there is something behind the whisk in the pic, but I'm not positive. Now I just need to arrange a time and a truck (and some strong men) to help me get this thing here.

So, did I get a good deal?!?! I sure hope so! During the auction little notes kept popping up like 'practically new' and 'stand included' which didn't appear in any of the other auctions I've been watching...so I'm excited! So, did I do good? thumbs_up.gif or not thumbsdown.gif ?

I've included the pic that was on the listing (Ebay Live Auctions).
LL

9 replies
tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 10

It sure looks cool to me, but unfortunately I have no idea what one should/does cost.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 10

I think ya got a good deal. Good Job

Mike

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 10

Good Deal! I see a paddle attachment in there. thumbs_up.gif

BethG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethG Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 10

I belive you got a great deal that size mixer goes for over 2,000.00

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:56pm
post #6 of 10

Phew! That's good to hear! I saw brand-new ones listed on the internet for $4000 plus...and this one is of course an earlier model, but who cares, right? As long as it works...I'm all set! My DH asked why in the world I want another mixer when I already have two (5qt and a 7qt), but um, so I don't have to mix 3-4 batches of the same thing...I can get it all done at the SAME TIME! Geez icon_lol.gif

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 10

As my kids would say..."you got the mother load!" icon_lol.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:59pm
post #8 of 10

you got a deal!! i just bought a used one, not as nice as yours and older for $1200, but i still have to get a stand and they look like they are ranging from $300-$500 alone.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:04pm
post #9 of 10

i think that you got an insane deal... i shouldve been on ebay today.... damnnnnnn... i was moving my DH fishtank all day.... i missed it...

but that is so awesome for you stacie... im jealous

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:04am
post #10 of 10

I saw that auction! I looked for one locally to avoid paying shipping and found an Anvil 20 qt for $900! It's like Christmas in July!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%