Pricing Help

Decorating By kutabby Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 9:28pm by kutabby

kutabby Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 3

Fist off, I am so nervous! I've been making cakes for my family and friends for a few years. And lately they have really been pushing me to start selling my cakes and cookies - and I'd love to! Well, my cousin has arranged for me to do the desserts for her book club tomorrow night. I'm so excited, but still nervous - What if they don't like it as much as my family? What if they are not interested in purchasing anything? The usual doubts icon_smile.gif
Anyways, my cousin's friends are already asking if I'm going to have business cards and such. I will have little take home bags w/ my name and number b/c I know there will be plenty of leftovers. But I have no idea what to tell her about pricing. I won't be at the party - too nervous to stick around and want to get true feedback icon_smile.gif
Here is what I'm making and what prices I was thinking of:
NFSC w/ RI & Fondant - $2-6 depending on detail and size
cake balls - $10/dz
mini-cupcakes w/ icing - these are just to taste different cake and icing flavors, but cake prices would be $2-4 per serving
petit fours - $15/dz
chocolates - depends on size and detail

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!!!

2 replies
indydebi Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 3

without knowing your area, your pricing sounds good.

And stop "what if-ing" everything. you can what-if something to death! I tell my kids, when they start this, "Yeah, well ... what if my butt was blue?"

That usually shuts 'em up! icon_biggrin.gif

kutabby Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 3

I don't know my area either, that's part of the problem icon_smile.gif You can find cakes and cookies like mine, but you'd have to go downtown - too much trouble for most people I know. And their prices are about the same if not higher. Most order from Wal-Mart, Sam's and Costco and they are just sheet cakes.
And you're right, I need to have more faith in myself!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%