What Tastes Better Mmf Or Satin Ice Fondant?

Decorating By dcabrera Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 8:10pm by dcabrera

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making my first tiered cake for my sons 1st B-day. I was wondering what I should use? I've never tried the satin ice, I ordered it in black and red to make a practice cake first. I'm soooo nervous. I also have to transport it 50 miles. Any advice would be great help. I've attached a picture of the cake I will be attempting to make. Thanks.

4 replies
doreenre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doreenre Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 5

I like them both, as far as taste goes.

But I prefer mmf b/c it's so simple to make, and obviously, less expensive. I do buy Satin Ice when using black and red though. Less mess.

Good luck!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 5

I buy Satin Ice...I just love the ease of not having to make it and the colors are AMAZING and it doesn't taste half bad! BUT there is nothing wrong with MMF at all!!!!! Depending on the colors you need. Satin Ice's Red and Black are hands down the easiest to use because those two colors can be very hard to get perfect!! Good luck!

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 5

I have used both and I personally like both flavors but I prefer Satin Ice. Of course it is MUCH more expensive so that is something to take into consideration. I have colored my fondant Red and Black but it does take a lot of color and I always leave mine to rest over night so the color can fully saturate.

Also, I don't think the photo uploaded like you wanted it to. I can't see it.

Good luck!

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you. Now, can anyone tell me how to post pictures on my posts? I'm a bit lost icon_redface.gifhttp://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1164935
Mickey Mouse Club House Cake[img][/img]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%