Chili Pepper Shape

Decorating By shannycakes321 Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm by pood

shannycakes321  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakes321 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 5

How can I make little red chili peppers to go around the bottom on my cake board? I have red fondant, but not having a lot of luck 'molding' them by hand. Any kind of template or suggestions?
Thank you!

4 replies
 Texas_Rose  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 5

I would roll it out like a thick snake, cut it into sections, then roll one end between my fingers a little bit to taper it, pinch the other one to be kind of squared out, and then bend them a little bit.

Let them dry, then paint with a mix of red food color and vodka so they get shiny. Then make some stems out of green fondant and use a tiny flower cutter to make the green part on the end.

shannycakes321 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you very much! What a clever idea about making them shiny, that really adds something extra to the look.
Equal parts vodka and red color? I use gel-paste food color, is that okay?

Thanks so much for your response!

shannycakes321 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 5

Here's how I did it:

peanut butter balls, made in pepper shapes and covered with candy melts, and shined with vodka. They were the highlight of the cake!
LL

pood  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pood Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 5

I rolled out red fondant. I then cut a pattern from paper and laid it on the fondant and cut around it. For the green stems, I use a daisy cutter, pinched off one of the petals and shaped the remaining petals around the fat end of the pepper. Mine were flat. Hope this helps!

Linda
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%