Chili Pepper Shape

Decorating By shannycakes321 Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm by pood

shannycakes321 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 5

How can I make little red chili peppers to go around the bottom on my cake board? I have red fondant, but not having a lot of luck 'molding' them by hand. Any kind of template or suggestions?
Thank you!

4 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 5

I would roll it out like a thick snake, cut it into sections, then roll one end between my fingers a little bit to taper it, pinch the other one to be kind of squared out, and then bend them a little bit.

Let them dry, then paint with a mix of red food color and vodka so they get shiny. Then make some stems out of green fondant and use a tiny flower cutter to make the green part on the end.

shannycakes321 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you very much! What a clever idea about making them shiny, that really adds something extra to the look.
Equal parts vodka and red color? I use gel-paste food color, is that okay?

Thanks so much for your response!

shannycakes321 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 5

Here's how I did it:

peanut butter balls, made in pepper shapes and covered with candy melts, and shined with vodka. They were the highlight of the cake!
LL

pood Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 5

I rolled out red fondant. I then cut a pattern from paper and laid it on the fondant and cut around it. For the green stems, I use a daisy cutter, pinched off one of the petals and shaped the remaining petals around the fat end of the pepper. Mine were flat. Hope this helps!

Linda
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%