Baking In Texas...

Decorating By baycheeks1 Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 12:09am by Cakepro

baycheeks1 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:48am
post #1 of 5

Ok, so technically I know that you aren't suppose to be baking things in your house that are for "sale" in Texas...but you can have an agreement with a restaurant or church or where ever they have a food license right? And then still transport the baked goods to the reception site?

Anybody know of any places that I could possibly get an agreement with them in the Pearland/extreme Southeast houston (45 south)?

4 replies
baycheeks1 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 5


XriflemanX Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 5

You are correct, the state wants your baking done in a commercial kitchen. So yes, if the church has a kitchen that has been approved as commercial, your covered.

I have heard that some people converting a detached building into a commercial kitchen on there house.

As far as property goes, I can't help there. I am in Kingsville, TX.
I would try the local churches and see if you could trade some volunteer time and maybe help with something like a bake sale.

Good luck with your business, I hope you find what you are looking for.

If you haven't done so, check out the business forum on this site for people who can probably answer your question better than I.

Also, here are some links you can browse related to our states laws:

Health & Safety Code (Check around Title 6)

Bakery Specific Code

edit: added links

baycheeks1 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the info XriflemanX. I am checkin those links now.

Cakepro Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:09am
post #5 of 5

Hi! I'm right on the Pearland border....just outside of Green Tee.

Just thought I'd say hello!


Quote by @%username% on %date%