Tori Spelling Son Liam's Birthday Cake

Decorating By Juds2323 Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 2:52am by sari66

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:23am
post #1 of 23

Didn't know if anyone saw this but was watching this reality show and just had to share the cake pic. This was just HUGE!

JUDI
LL

22 replies
lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #2 of 23

I thought it was kinda scary looking... it maybe should have been a bit more childlike/animated. JMHO

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 23

I don't care for the nose - looks scarey to me too!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:48pm
post #4 of 23

Oh my...It 's not a CUTESY cake at all... Very strange and so NOT what I was expecting...lol.

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:54pm
post #5 of 23

Oh, I don't know. It's not the prettiest thing I ever saw, but it's pretty cute. I don't think it's scary looking. I mean, I guess it's not as kid friendly as Curious George or something like that, but it's smiling, and it's a happy looking creature.

I guess everybody finds different things creepy. I, for one, find almost anything to do with clowns to be super-creepy. Oh, and Santa Claus scared me to death when I was a little kid. haha

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 23

hmmm...it does look a bit cranky. I was expecting something more cartoon like - and maybe they were too icon_wink.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 23

I don't think it's scary looking.. The picture is not a great one.. maybe that distorts it a bit?? But I think it's cute..

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura102777

Oh, I don't know. It's not the prettiest thing I ever saw, but it's pretty cute. I don't think it's scary looking. I mean, I guess it's not as kid friendly as Curious George or something like that, but it's smiling, and it's a happy looking creature.

I guess everybody finds different things creepy. I, for one, find almost anything to do with clowns to be super-creepy. Oh, and Santa Claus scared me to death when I was a little kid. haha

There was another thread with this cake a while back, and I can't remember what kind of response was received then, but I'm with Laura. I like it and think it's really cute!

Also Laura, my younger sister is 29 and is still terrified of clowns (or anything in a face mask/full costume!)!!!! icon_lol.gif

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:29pm
post #9 of 23

The face is a little funny looking, but overall I think it's a nice cake.

Wow-I am behind on the celeb stuff-I didn't realize her kid was that big already!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:21pm
post #10 of 23

i actually caught the rerun of this episode last week, i watched it just to see the cake, the little boy was actually scared of it, poor kid, but there was so much other stuff at his bday for him to enjoy, a train, real monkeys, a big huge space bounce thing, and yeah that cake was freakin' huge, oh to be rich icon_wink.gif

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:51pm
post #11 of 23

I think I would have been afraid of king kong if I was that small too-lol! icon_smile.gif

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:09pm
post #12 of 23

I think it is a cool cake. The one thing that would have made it less "scary" is the eyes I think.
LL

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:34pm
post #13 of 23

that is just too funny icon_biggrin.gif

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:51am
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura102777

There was another thread with this cake a while back, and I can't remember what kind of response was received then, but I'm with Laura. I like it and think it's really cute!

Also Laura, my younger sister is 29 and is still terrified of clowns (or anything in a face mask/full costume!)!!!! icon_lol.gif

LOL!! My lil sis too! She was done with clowns when we saw Poltergeist when we were kids and the clown pulled the little girl under the bed!!!! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif Freaked her out for life!!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:54am
post #15 of 23

Vanna, I too saw the episode. Who wouldn't be terrified of a cake that was as big as them-I would be. I think the eyes are a bit weird too! Maybe a little chest hair would work, a good 'ol Hawaiian shirt while you're at it. Does anyone know who the decorator was?

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:11am
post #16 of 23

traceyjade, you are too good! Adding those eyes made it look ten times better and a lot less scary!! Good job!

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:28am
post #17 of 23

It was made by Hansen's cakes in beverly hills. I was trying to see if they had their prices listed LOL. They had a monkey in the book and she said I want it furry and as big as him. Her hubby was like lets have a backyard bbq with friends for his birthday and her friends convinced her to go all out. Too funny!

Judi

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:43am
post #18 of 23

Yep....I was also going to suggest something be done with the eyes too. I was thinking a little more white in them, but the color works just as good. I'm wondering if the light in the photo just makes the eyes look darker than they really are? Overall, I think it's a pretty cool cake though.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:58am
post #19 of 23

Cute cake the kid does not seem to be afraid of it based on the picture.

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:55pm
post #20 of 23

I like it! It looks very animated to me. I'm sure thats what the kids would like about it!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:52pm
post #21 of 23

i think for an older kid it would be great but for a 1 yr old... In the show they tried to show him the monkey and he did all but claw his dad to death

asschergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asschergirl Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 9:27pm
post #22 of 23

that cake looks like how their kid should've turned out...given mom and pops looks pretty much like that monkey

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 2:52am
post #23 of 23

It's the facial features that get me the buggy eyes, too wide grinning mouth and that nose! Not to bad other wise.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%