Milk Free Cake Recipes Because Of Allergies

Baking By drgrl21 Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 12:18pm by cakedecofun

drgrl21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgrl21 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 6

my daughter is allergic to milk and peanuts. She loves cakes. I try to put carnation milk or water and sometimes the cakes don't come out right. PLease help. Anyone have any milk free cake recipes so that I can satisfy her too.

Thanks,
Drgrl21

5 replies
Henna20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Henna20 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 6

I make the hershey's perfectly chocolate chocolate cake using non dairy creamer. works perfectly and its such a yummy cake

drgrl21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgrl21 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:23am
post #3 of 6

you find that in the milk section?

Henna20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Henna20 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:31am
post #4 of 6

when i lived in CA i used Mocha Mix non dairy creamer which was in the refrigerator section. i don't remember if it was next to the milk but probably somewhere around there. now i live in NY and they don't carry that brand so i use rich's frozen non dairy creamer.
a lot of people also substitute the milk with soy milk or rice milk. and i use margarine instead of butter.

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:39am
post #5 of 6

If soy is okay to use, you can substitute soy milk wherever the recipe calls for milk.

cakedecofun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedecofun Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 6

Hi,

My granddaughter is allergic to dairy and peanuts. I use Duncan Hines Butter cake mix (imagine that, it has no dairy but read the label because occasionally they change the ingredients) and unsalted Fleischmans (s) margarine and it comes out very good. I think the Duncan Hines Red Velvet mix is also dairy and peanut free.

Good luck and happy baking.
ml

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%