Desiccated Coconut

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 11:33pm by Katie-Bug

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 3

Okay, I chickened out on purchasing the SFS system- short on funds.. icon_redface.gif

I did purchase the SPS system, but I saw that it says to use Desiccated Coconut under the supports, to keep the frosting from pulling off. Where do you buy this?? I have been checking an can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!! thumbs_up.gif

2 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 3

Got a food processor? Just throw some regular coconut into the processor for a few seconds and -voila! thumbs_up.gif

I recently began using white sprinkles/jimmies (?) under my plates. I get them in bulk at a local candy shop or from CK Products. The sprinkles add a fun surprise to the icing and eliminates the chance of coconut allergies.

HTH

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 3

Jimmies, really they work?! I have a box full that I have been meaning to throw away, because I just have no use for them anymore. That would be great if I could use them.

Yes, I do have a food processor, so that will work!! That is awesome!!I have been on the phone trying to find some.

GFS has it, for $14.99 a unit, but they can't tell me how much a unit is. The poor boy I was talking to just couldn't understand why I wasn't willing to order just one and see and then "you would know!" Well, yes I explained, but what if I ordered a unit for 15 bucks and it came in as a little shaker full..I would then become a unhappy customer.. icon_redface.gif

Anyway, thanks so much for the tips!! thumbs_up.gif

Another question though, does anyone know where I can order frozen mini pie crusts?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%