The One That "put You On The Map".

Decorating By BellaSweet Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 2:35am by KKC

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 12

So this has been done with the ugliest cake. I'm not sure if it has been done with this....I was wondering what cake(s) were the one that put you on the map. FYI I mean the ones you made and business took off from there.

11 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 12

Hm, I'd say either the one in my avatar, or maybe the French rabbit in my photos. Or else the first horse head cake I did, because that one was done for my first competition several years ago, and the judges bumped me up a skill level because of it.

Which one was it for you?

Deanna

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:45am
post #3 of 12

For me it's both my 3D dragon and baby cakes...

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:59am
post #4 of 12

My sister's shower cake (the TT in my pics) and my gumball machine. Those two are constant crown pleasers.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:09am
post #5 of 12

We made both John Edwards ( presidential candidate not psychic) and Alexander Julian's birthday cakes this year. Both of those were VERY good for business.

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:25am
post #6 of 12

I don't know if it put me on the map but I have gotten alot of orders from my coke cake in my pictures.

Lu

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:27am
post #7 of 12

For me, my flannel shirt cake (avatar) won me some notoriety, but for some odd reason, here on CC my most popular creation is one of my malted hearts. I'm kind of at a loss as to why, but it's my most popular in my pix, and I get literally tens of PM's about it every month asking how to do it, etc.!!!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:38am
post #8 of 12

My baby shower frog cake is what made business take off. I've done cakes for friends of friends of friends of friends who were at the "frog cake shower". icon_smile.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:39am
post #9 of 12

My favorite client of all time gave me my first "big break". She ordered one of the Cupcake Cakes in my gallery! After that, the flood gates opened and I have had to turn business away.

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #10 of 12

mine was actually an 'adult' cake now buried on page 6 of the male section - I designed it as a laugh but it of course was one everyone talked about (and showed each other phone pics of) and now I seem to have got a reputation as the 'will give anything a go' cake lady!

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:20am
post #11 of 12

Mine was my Christmas package cake.....

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=92668

I loved making this!!!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:35am
post #12 of 12

I'd say my Chanel Purse Cake & Shoe
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%