How Do I Transfer A Drawing Onto My Cake?

Decorating By iceit4me Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 2:50pm by iceit4me

iceit4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceit4me Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 8

I have tried twice to do this and it didnt work. I couldn't even get the buttercream to come off the wax paper. I am about to give up. Can anyone help?

7 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 8

here are several different ways to transfer images! thumbs_up.gif

http://www.shavkin.com/kimfess.html

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 8

I use the piping gel transfer method learned in Wilton Course I:

Lay wax paper over the picture you wish to transfer. Trace with a sharpie. Turn wax paper over and trace with piping gel. Once icing crusts, place wax paper on the cake and lightly press with your finger or a brush until the piping gel is onto the cake. Then you have an outline that you can fill in with stars or a round tip. I personally prefer filling in with a round tip in each area. I try to go almost to the outline. Once it has crusted I go over it very lightly with a foam paint roller (Melvira method), then I outline it all with black or whatever color I need. Here's one I did that way:

This was filled in with stars:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1172266

This was with the round tip as I explained above:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1176007

mommacat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacat5 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:04am
post #4 of 8

I never would have thought about using a round tip and the foam roller for that, I use all the time. I traced the picture onto wax paper,layed it on crusted bc then used a sharp toothpick to poke thru the wp and make the out line...I tried the gel and it didn't work out for me. Good luck icon_smile.gif

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:30am
post #5 of 8

What I like to do if it is a figure, such as batman or the backyardigans (I did these for my twin grandsons) is cutout the printed figure and gently press into the buttercream to get the outline. I then pipe in with the colored buttercream for the features and clothing ect. I keep the color image next to cake and use that as a guide. I use a paintbrush (for food only) to smooth the color bc, really just like painting a pic.

carleen2140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carleen2140 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks Diane for posting the list on transferring. I was wondering if anyone has ever used "the frozen buttcream one" and what their outcome was.
Carleen

iceit4me Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you all for your suggestions on transfers. I have printed out the the site from Kim Fess -Ten ways to Transfer Images to cakes. I am sure that with all this information one of these methods should work for me. Thanks again!!!

iceit4me Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:50pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you all for your suggestions on transfers. I have printed out the the site from Kim Fess -Ten ways to Transfer Images to cakes. I am sure that with all this information one of these methods should work for me. Thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%