Photographing Cakes?

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 4:10pm by TooMuchCake

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:01pm
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

Here is a tutorial my son put up on my website that gives a lot of good tips on taking cake photos:

http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Photo_tutorial.html

Ha....I have been using this tutorial every since you posted it (I don't load pictures onto CC but I DO take them for my portfolio)! I was shocked at how much these simple changes/instructions made for me. Your son is awesome and I love your other tutorials on your site. Can't wait to purchase one! thumbs_up.gif

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:19pm
post #32 of 34

Thank you, Milissasmom!! I'm glad you could use some of the info on the site. I hope to have more stuff up on there sometime soon.

You should post pics on CC, too!

icon_smile.gif
Deanna

DuncanHinesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DuncanHinesgirl Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:28pm
post #33 of 34

Deanna, thanks again for posting this great tutorial. Any advice on how I can kindly, but gently share with my hubby who thinks he's a pretty good photographer already?

Bless his heart, he tries. He's bought a light tent that he patiently sets up, plus he moves around the lighting. But the pictures still look like a cake sitting in a light tent.

Oh well, maybe I'll have to ease him out of the process and take pictures on my own.

Gotta love him for his help, though.

Marie

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:10pm
post #34 of 34

That's funny, Marie! Sometimes hubbies do try to help and it's more work than help. icon_smile.gif At least he's supportive!

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%