Cake Pricing Help Uk

Decorating By lynndy-lou Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm by lynndy-lou

lynndy-lou  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynndy-lou Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 6

Help!!
I need to price a fondant shoe box cake, it has 3 tiers and will be made from 10in, 8in, 6in sponge cake with jam and butter cream filling, 2 large and 2 small rose sprays with no shoes which sort of defeats the cake design but hey I just make em!!. I took the picture to my local cake shop and she priced it at £450- £500 which I think is very expensive.

5 replies
lynndy-lou Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone???

tiptop57  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 6

I am on some Brit boards and here is some advice I have seen on the sites. You know those Number One cakes? They can go for as much as £65. Then there was a four tier wedding cake, and the baker was given a price to charge £450 with silk flowers and £500 with sugar flowers. As you know sugar flowers take time to make. And if you are going to deliver and set it up, between £50 -£100. Bride and groom models go for as much as £50 so individual models were £25. Then another person was told when pricing she would add all the ingredients for that particular size cake times it by 3 add the board box and ribbon then add the set prices for flowers which were starting at £35 for a small spray with maybe 2 roses and foliage. But all were given the advice that the price is very much up to the individual/how much your area (customer) will pay.

HTH

lynndy-lou Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 6

Hello tiptop,
Thanks for the info thats great. Could you tell me what the UK sites are that you go to.
Thanks,
Lynne

bashini  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 6

Hi Lynne, I'm a member of that board as well. Here is the link of you like to join,

http://bsguk.org/forum/index.php

lynndy-lou Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks bashini.
Anyone else got any idea?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%