Cake Pricing Help Uk

Decorating By lynndy-lou Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm by lynndy-lou

lynndy-lou Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 6

I need to price a fondant shoe box cake, it has 3 tiers and will be made from 10in, 8in, 6in sponge cake with jam and butter cream filling, 2 large and 2 small rose sprays with no shoes which sort of defeats the cake design but hey I just make em!!. I took the picture to my local cake shop and she priced it at £450- £500 which I think is very expensive.

5 replies
lynndy-lou Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 6

tiptop57 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 6

I am on some Brit boards and here is some advice I have seen on the sites. You know those Number One cakes? They can go for as much as £65. Then there was a four tier wedding cake, and the baker was given a price to charge £450 with silk flowers and £500 with sugar flowers. As you know sugar flowers take time to make. And if you are going to deliver and set it up, between £50 -£100. Bride and groom models go for as much as £50 so individual models were £25. Then another person was told when pricing she would add all the ingredients for that particular size cake times it by 3 add the board box and ribbon then add the set prices for flowers which were starting at £35 for a small spray with maybe 2 roses and foliage. But all were given the advice that the price is very much up to the individual/how much your area (customer) will pay.

lynndy-lou Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 6

Hello tiptop,
Thanks for the info thats great. Could you tell me what the UK sites are that you go to.

bashini Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 6

Hi Lynne, I'm a member of that board as well. Here is the link of you like to join,

lynndy-lou Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks bashini.
Anyone else got any idea?

Quote by @%username% on %date%