If You Could Make Any Baby Shower Cake You Wanted....

Decorating By yelle66 Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm by crystalina1977

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 7

If you got to choose whatever you wanted to make for a baby shower cake, what would you do? I've got two baby showers this month where I am doing the cake. They are both friends and I want to get a few baby shower cakes in my portfolio so I want to do some cute ones. They are pro bono, so I get to decide what I want to do. I would kind of like to do the ducky bathtub one how hard is that one and does anyone have any instructions? The one that is in the wooden tub, KWIM? Does anyone have any other ideas for just a cute baby shower cake that everyone seems to love?

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 7

The ducky tub would be right up there on my list too, with soap, bath towel, bubbles, the whole nine.

I also have been DYING to try an invention of my own. I want to try and make a diaper cake, cake. If that makes sense ...

I want to take the cake and make it a real edible cake, but make it look like one of those popular diaper cakes. With ribbon, and bows, and a super cute topper. I already have it worked out how I would do it too, I just need someone to get pregnant.

Anyone else ever have that problem??

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:33am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde

The ducky tub would be right up there on my list too, with soap, bath towel, bubbles, the whole nine.

I also have been DYING to try an invention of my own. I want to try and make a diaper cake, cake. If that makes sense ...

I want to take the cake and make it a real edible cake, but make it look like one of those popular diaper cakes. With ribbon, and bows, and a super cute topper. I already have it worked out how I would do it too, I just need someone to get pregnant.

Anyone else ever have that problem??

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif WOW! I've made several "diaper" cakes...out of diapers I mean. I can't believe the thought never occurred to me to make one that looks that way except that really is cake. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif That would be awesome!!!

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:45am
post #4 of 7

This is my version of a diaper cake
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=712853

I would love to make one of those with the stork on top icon_smile.gif

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:42pm
post #5 of 7

I want to try this, but not quite so cluttered looking. Maybe just a smaller teddy on top, and not quite so many flowers, bows, and junk. I will be sure to post pictures if I could ever find a pregnant woman....

Edited to fix my horrific spelling...
LL

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:28am
post #6 of 7

That cake is so cute Jayde!! Love it! You would definitely have a few hours on that one out of cake!! It would be really cool though!!! I like the ones with the stork on top too!! icon_lol.gif

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm
post #7 of 7

there are three I would love to try, the washtub cake, the flower pot cake, and the clothesline cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%