Need Help Making A Beer Bucket.

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 6:42pm by CareBear3891

brightbrats Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 3

I am in the process of making a bucket for my beer bottles. Can you guys tell me how you would go about it ? What size do you recommend ? Should I put support between the layers ? It will be traveling for probably 3hrs,so I will be using fondant. How do I get it from small to larger at the top of the bucket, do I have to do carving ? Sorry for all the silly questions, but I have 2 others due on the smae day, so I am working a little on them all at the same time, and I am drawing a blank on the bucket.

Thanks for the help.
Lisa

2 replies
CareBear3891 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 3

I recently did a Beer bucket (have not post picture yet), but I used a 3-10" round cakes stacked. Their is a tutorial on this I will see if I can find it and add the link. I hope this is not late. HTH

CareBear3891 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 3

Ok, see if this link work. This is the Tutorial for the Beer Bottles and a lot of other valuable information as everything on this site is icon_lol.gif . If not search for Sugar Beer Bottles, and within the discussion someone stated they used a 10" cake. You can use 8 or 9 and then 10 to do less carving.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=147691&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%