So....i Called Wilton

Baking By sarahpierce Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 10:05am by wendydou

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 35

And they won't make me 320 plain black standard cupcake liners icon_cry.gif . I can't find them anywhere! Why don't they exist???

34 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 35

They have to be all black?

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 35

wow... I searched online and I can't find any plain black... I'm really suprised! I'll keep looking!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 35

Yeah, I've only found black and gold...

nattyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nattyk Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 35
Liz1028 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz1028 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 35

I found this website that has ALL Black cupcake wrappers. This might be a good choice if all else fails. Simply bake the cupcakes in regular liners and then slip them into the black cupcake wrapper.

www.paperorchidstationery.com/modules/cart/navigate.php/nav_id/775

Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 35

I've looked for black before. Good luck...I hope someone can find them & let us all know.

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kels_bells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:17pm
post #11 of 35

Contact Fancy Flours and see if they can help. They carry more colors than anyone I've seen.
http://www.fancyflours.com/

Another option might be to cut out wrappers (I didn't say an easy one) for your cupcakes. Someone posted a pattern, but I can't find the link. I'll keep looking.

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #12 of 35

All I've been able to find are drk. brown...could they work?

www.beryls.com
www.confectioneryhouse.com
www.countrykitchensa.com
www.indiatree.com
www.kitchendrafts.com
www.nycake.com

kels_bells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kels_bells Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:29pm
post #13 of 35
TxBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TxBlonde Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:48pm
post #14 of 35

I found these:
http://beryls.com/product_info.php?cPath=218&products_id=4759&osCsid=899205a7075c5bc18ce01e1748e7be90

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I would look for halloween cupcake liners. Maybe you could find some by looking that way.

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 4:06am
post #15 of 35

black (only) liners are easily available here, but i live in south east asia..

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:33am
post #16 of 35

does it have to really black cupcake liners? why don't you try those cupcake wrappers where you kinda just slip the cupcakes in them? you can make them using black colored scrapbook paper.

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:36am
post #17 of 35

I've seen a lot of suggestions to try the Over the Hill sections at stores, Walmart, Dollar Stores, and the like.

If you can't find them, I'd go with the wrappers, homemade or bought.

Good luck!!

sarahpierce Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 11:26am
post #18 of 35

Thanks for trying everyone! The problem with the laser cut ones is that they're over $1 a piece, and I need 320! That's a big chunk out of the budget. And they're for a wedding so they have to be all black. South East Asia sounds interesting though. How would I pay icon_lol.gif ? By the way the lady at Wilton laughed at me. They don't take suggestion well icon_cry.gif . So the search continues, or I get arthritis trying to cut 320 wraps. Thanks again.

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:40pm
post #19 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpierce

Thanks for trying everyone! The problem with the laser cut ones is that they're over $1 a piece, and I need 320! That's a big chunk out of the budget. And they're for a wedding so they have to be all black. South East Asia sounds interesting though. How would I pay icon_lol.gif ? By the way the lady at Wilton laughed at me. They don't take suggestion well icon_cry.gif . So the search continues, or I get arthritis trying to cut 320 wraps. Thanks again.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

over here they cost like 65cents (USD) per pack of 150 liners. so for 320 pcs you would be paying like less than $3.
shipping them might cost more than the price of the liners though icon_razz.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:10pm
post #20 of 35
Quote:

By the way the lady at Wilton laughed at me. They don't take suggestion well.

I worked in manufacturing and I would have chuckled, too. 320 of anything is hardly worth firing up the equipment for. I'd have more cost in set-up time than I would in the price of the order, which is why mfg'rs have minimums like 1000 or 5000. Heck, I used to short-ship orders by 5000 units and consider it "filled and closed". When we'd run a new item, the first coupla hundered pieces were just test items to get the machinery "warmed up".

daisy81382 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy81382 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:19pm
post #21 of 35

Have a look here. If you want to email them and find out for sure if they have them in stock or can get them. Should ask them about shipping costs, and if they won't ship them to you then I would be happy to send them to you. They are only about 20 min away from me and I go there on occasion to pick up a few things.

Just pm me if you want me to help you out.

http://www.cakedecoratingcentral.com.au/category54_1.htm

sarahpierce Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:10pm
post #22 of 35

indydeb- I know it was a long shot, but I thought why not ? icon_lol.gif

daisy- Thank you sooo much. I just emailed them, and I'm waiting for a response. I will let you know! icon_biggrin.gif

Everyone here is so helpful. That's why I love this place ((((GROUP HUG)))) thumbs_up.gif

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 5:59pm
post #23 of 35

I know this may be too late (and too expensive), but I don't know if these would work: http://www.thepeppermillinc.com/Prod_Dtl.asp?prodid=785&catid=98&catname=Paper%20baking%20pans
At any rate, they look really neat!

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 6:28pm
post #24 of 35

have you tried cupcakecuddler.com?

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:09pm
post #25 of 35
Quote:

By the way the lady at Wilton laughed at me.

I woulda had me a good ol' belly laugh! 320 is a drop in the ocean to a manufacturer. Please tell me you didn't really expect them to jump at the chance to make you a mere 320? 10 000 now... that's a whole 'nother story.

I hope you find the liners.

sarahpierce Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:26am
post #26 of 35

chutzpah- Of course I didn' t expect them to. But, after searching the internet for hours and after many phone calls I needed a laugh, and I was desperate. I had giving up hope and was slowly but surely going crazy. But, I have since regrouped. I can now tell the bride that I have tried EVERYTHING. Maybe, we can all get together and get wilton to start making black liners icon_biggrin.gif . Hey, with the popularity of cupcakes for weddings increase there will be a big market for them. Just think of the possibilities icon_rolleyes.gif !

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 6:16pm
post #27 of 35

Why not order 10 000 and use what you need, and then sell the rest on e-bay in packs of 50 and make a grand profit?

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:45pm
post #28 of 35

If you decide you want to use the laser cut wrappers, let me know. I can get them wholesale.

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:55pm
post #29 of 35

I ordered all black cupcake liners from www.cakedecoratingcentral.com.au/ . I'm in Australia but I searched in the states (cause it's a lot cheaper) but this was the only place that sold them.

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:59pm
post #30 of 35

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%