Llc Name Registration ~ Vent!

Business By Swede-cakes Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 3:53pm by lardbutt

Swede-cakes Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 20

Ok, so I've had two names in mind for my business. In looking them up on the state website, one is completely available, and the other was used by someone but forfeited and dissolved in 2002.

I called the Secretary of State's office, to ask what the forfeiture means exactly, and all she could tell me was that is not definite that it's available. Anyone else could have taken pcs of that name. So if I send in an LLC form for this name, I could end up waiting up to 30 days only to find out it's rejected. Then it's 14 days back to me, only to wait another month to find out for the next name. She couldn't look it up while I was on the phone. !!!

OR, I can drag my three young kids an hour north to the State House, apply in person, they'll look it up right there and I can even leave w/ my LLC certificate, to drive home another hour. Praying the whole time that my kids behave. icon_confused.gif

I'm tempted to make the drive, just to get this going.

Thanks if you got this far...I just needed to spill!

19 replies
MichelleM77 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 20

I would find a way to make the drive. Waiting that long would absolute kill me! Find a babysitter, take a friend or teenager/mother's helper to help with the kids, whatever you need to do to just get it done! icon_smile.gif

justducky Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 20

The NH Secretary of State's office is usually quite busy and the wait there is long. Don't bring your children. If they misbehave and the people working there get angry they become very uncooperative. (I have witnessed this ) I am there quite often for different businesses.

poshcakedesigns Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 20

I think I would make the drive and try to get a sitter. I couldn't wait that long. I'm to impatient. icon_rolleyes.gif

Swede-cakes Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:16pm
post #5 of 20

My drive to Concord was simply meant to be TODAY. After I posted, I realized that my son's new Dr.'s appt was up North, half way to Concord. So, I debriefed the kids that Mommy had a very important dream to make come true for herself, and I needed them to be on their very best behavior after the doctor's.

Thankfully, there were only a few people besides me doing business there, and my kids were nearly angels (I say nearly b/c one of them is only 3), but everything went well!

I passed a woman in the hall on the way out, and she said how nice it is to see a woman in there pursuing a business. I'm inspected,licensed and now an LLC! HotdiggityDOG!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 20

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

So what's your new business name?

BellaSweet Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:34pm
post #7 of 20

Come ooooon. I'm hooked. What's the name girl!!!

michellesArt Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:37pm
post #8 of 20

yeah, don't leave us hanging!!!

leannsloan Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:46pm
post #9 of 20

Oh how exciting! I am happy for you so please tell us your name we all want to know. Best Wishes with you new business

mpence Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:47pm
post #10 of 20

I know this is a bit late for your situation, but for future reference, you can usually go on the Secretary of State's website to do a business name search to check if there is another business in your state with the same or similar name. Also, in a few states you can even file your Articles of Incorporations (corporation) or Articles of Organization (LLC) online or by fax. You'll have to check with the Secretary of State's office in you state whether this is possible.

armywifebryan Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 7:04pm
post #11 of 20

AWESOME!!!! Congratulations! I hope I have as good of luck as you did. Sooooooo, spill it!!! What's the name??? lol The suspense is killing us!!!!

BellaSweet Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 7:11pm
post #12 of 20

Oh my gosh!!! Please please please tell ussssss!!!!! I'm sittin here at work and i am suffering. We wanna know. (just picture all of us begging like 3 year olds for that ice cream!!!)

Swede-cakes Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 7:16pm
post #13 of 20

mpence, I did check the NH.gov site ahead of time, but could only find out that The Cakery was forfeited, and the woman on the phone was elusive as to any other info. So I figured I better bite the bullet and do the road trip to find out all the magical answers I'm seeking! Lol!

The two names were: Cakes 5th Avenue (for which I've owned the domain name for about a year), and The Cakery. There are two other bakeries in NH with Cakery in their name so I'd have to come up with something longer if I wanted that word in my name. Standing in line is no place to start brainstorming a revised name! haha!

I stayed with C5A, now I can renew the domain this week, and I can legally place my name on advertisements and respond to inquiries happily legal!

Thanks for all your well wishes!

Swede-cakes Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 7:18pm
post #14 of 20

You gals are so funny! icon_lol.gif

I wasn't doing the Na-na-na-na-na-naaaah on purpose! lol! Besides, ice cream is worth waiting for in my book!

disneynutbsv Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:39pm
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by skichic68

My drive to Concord was simply meant to be TODAY. After I posted, I realized that my son's new Dr.'s appt was up North, half way to Concord. So, I debriefed the kids that Mommy had a very important dream to make come true for herself, and I needed them to be on their very best behavior after the doctor's.

Thankfully, there were only a few people besides me doing business there, and my kids were nearly angels (I say nearly b/c one of them is only 3), but everything went well!

I passed a woman in the hall on the way out, and she said how nice it is to see a woman in there pursuing a business. I'm inspected,licensed and now an LLC! HotdiggityDOG!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Yay! Congrats from another NH girlicon_smile.gif

Swede-cakes Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:58pm
post #16 of 20

Thanks, fellow NH-er!! icon_smile.gif

msauer Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:14pm
post #17 of 20

Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of LLC's! icon_lol.gif (and all of the accounting and countless hours of paperwork icon_cry.gif - I have someone who does some of the paperwork for me, 'cause it got old REAL FAST!)

-Michelle

sari66 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:57pm
post #18 of 20

Congratulations!!!

sari66 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:18am
post #19 of 20

Congratulations!!!

lardbutt Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:53pm
post #20 of 20

I am so happy for you and love your name!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%