My Son Passed Away Sat 7-12-08

Decorating By patticake1951 Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 9:51pm by MosMom

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:02am
post #181 of 218

I'm a truly sorry for your loss. I have said prayers for you and your family to help you deal with your loss especially for today. It is terrible to have to deal with a death in the family but even worse when it is your child (whatever the age). I will keep you and yours in my prayers. Sending out love and hugs.

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 6:02am
post #182 of 218

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 6:53am
post #183 of 218

Dear Patticakes, I'm so sorry this has happened to you. What a shock, so sudden, I'm so glad you got to spend some special time with him, you will always remember that, your famous meatloaf, that he loved. You have many friends here that are feeling your pain, most of us have children or loved ones, so we know what you are going thru, so please try to stay strong and take care of yourself.

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE BREATHS YOU TAKE BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY

donnalane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnalane Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 7:19am
post #184 of 218

I am sooo sorry for your loss, and I'm sure this is a loss that will forever be in your thoughts. I know there are no words to take away the pain that you are experiencing, but I want you to know you are in my prayers and know that we are all here if you EVER need to talk. This is a great group of people that does not want to see anyone suffer and right now you are, so we all stand together and offer prayers and strength for you to endure this road that you are having to go down, it will never be easy. However it helps to talk about the memories you will always have about your son, who I am sure was sooo proud to have you as his mom.

May God strengthen you!!!

Susan123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan123 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:33am
post #185 of 218

Patti~
I'm so very sad for you, I can't imagine what you're experiencing. I wish there was something we could say or do for you that would help, but I know there is not. So please rely on your CC family and others to support you.

I have a lot of professional experience with this, so I will suggest one thing: if things are going well in a person's life and that person begins to not sleep well and this pattern is carried over into a couple of weeks or more, that person will begin to not function so well anymore...just from sleep deprivation. In a situation likes yours, where there's been the greatest loss a parent can imagine, and you begin to not sleep well, you will feel even worse. So I encourage you to make an effort to get some sleep and if you cannot (most people cannot in your situation), please see you family doctor for a short term, mild sleeping aid. You might not feel any better emotionally, but you probably won't get any worse. And if you keep not getting enough sleep, you will feel worse.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 9:12am
post #186 of 218

Patti,

I am so very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. Please accept my deepest sympathy. May God comfort you today and always.

LadyMike

__Martha__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Martha__ Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:37am
post #187 of 218

Patti - I am so sorry about your tremendous loss. Words just fail me right now, but I am sending good thoughts to you and your family.

Martha

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:50am
post #188 of 218

Words aren't adequate. Know that we're holding you in our thoughts and prayers.

millionairess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millionairess Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:51am
post #189 of 218

My deepest condolences for your loss. Your family and your son are in my prayers every night.

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:57am
post #190 of 218

I am very sorry for your loss. There are no words that can possibly express what you and your family are feeling. I pray that God provides you with much comfort during this time, and always.

Sincerely,
Kim

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 11:05am
post #191 of 218

I'm so sorry for your loss--my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Diane

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 11:09am
post #192 of 218

So sorry for your loss. No mother should have to attend her child's funeral. It just isn't right.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need to talk, you know how to reach me.

Jan

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:18pm
post #193 of 218

Thanks for all of your concern and prayers. We had a really nice service for him, He told everyone many times that he wanted a Viking funeral, but since that was not possible, we did the closest thing to it. We had a celebration of his life. We played some of his favorite songs and told about the things we loved the most about him. Most of them funny.He was a very loving and outgoing person all of his life and loved to make people laugh. He would change the words to songs and make anything funny. He loved Dr Hook music and since he was a little boy he liked that song "You make my pants want to get up and dance"So that was what we played at the beginning of the service and he liked Celtic music so we played "Fiddler on the Green" Then we had anyone that wanted to say something to do it. It was nice knowing how many friends and family loved him. The song we ended with, if you didn't know him would probably make you wonder what kinda people would play this?, but his most favorite was "The Time Warp" song from Rocky Horror Picture Show, so we played that and some of his friends and his sisters got up and danced to it. It was definately something that he would have liked. He was a character.It was a very non traditional service but that was him he was one of a kind. He is now resting at the feet of his dad and his grandparents.
I have a myspace page set up in memory of him. http://www.myspace.com/frogking32 if you would like to see photos of him.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:59pm
post #194 of 218

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:10pm
post #195 of 218

Words can not even begin to describe how deep my sympathy goes out to you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
~ Jaime

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:10pm
post #196 of 218

I pray that God will wrap his loving arms around you and comfort you and your family during this time. He has a miraculous way of making something good come out of our tragedies. You will probably never know the impact your son had on the people he came in contact with. I'm sure that those people's lives will be changed somehow in a special way because of him. Cling to God and allow Him to love you through this.

srod911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srod911 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #197 of 218

I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Your Cake Central Family is here for you!

God Bless

Susan

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #198 of 218

Oh Honey, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. Can't imagine what your going thru, I cried when I read your post. Try to be strong, and take care of yourself.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm
post #199 of 218

We are thinking of you. May all of your great memories get you through the rough times. God Bless.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:20pm
post #200 of 218

My heart breaks at the pain of your loss.
I would spare you the agony if only I could.
T'was ne'er my intention to cause you grief.
Please remember, as a new day dawns, we must
look to the future in our children's eyes.
This world is full of injustices, each worse than the last.
The pain will not last forever, my promise
to you.
Look to me if the sadness becomes unbearable.
A more willing shoulder you will ne'er find.
If you need someone to listen, I'll be there.
I know you will weather this with all the
love and kindness that has marked your life.
Above all remember....I LOVE YOU.
GOD

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:24pm
post #201 of 218

My heart aches for you and your family. I am sorry for your loss. His service sounds beautiful and perfect! Hugs and prayers to you!

meenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meenu Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:25pm
post #202 of 218

Very sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:27pm
post #203 of 218

I'm very sorry and can't imagine how difficult this is for you.

Lindakbh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindakbh Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:31pm
post #204 of 218

I am very sorry for your loss. Your son sounds like a wonderful person. I wish comfort and peace for your family.

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:42pm
post #205 of 218

I feel so bad for you and your family! I don't even know what to say. I have just sent a prayer your way! I wish you comfort and peace in this trying time.

jl5949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:43pm
post #206 of 218

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I am saying a prayer for you and your family right now. Again, words can not express how sorry I am.

May God Bless you and your family.

Jeri Lynn

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:44pm
post #207 of 218

I read your first post & all the others to this point. I want to let you know how sorry I am to hear about your loss. It seems like you are taking it one day at a time, just the way you should be. I'm happy to hear what a wonderful service you had for him. I pray that each day gets better & better for your family. Remember & cherish all the wonderful memories you had together. God bless.

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:57pm
post #208 of 218

I want to tell you how very sorry I am to hear of this. You and your family are in my prayers. Just remember that this will make you stronger and it seems like you are pretty strong already.
God bless!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 7:56pm
post #209 of 218

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 8:11pm
post #210 of 218

I'm so glad that you got the opportunity to see him and have dinner with him and spoil him a little before he died. Those will be good memories for you to hold on to and I hope you do.

I have two sons and cannot imagine losing either of them. I hope that you quickly find the peace you need to go on with your life. Hugs and prayers your way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%