What Is Your Fav Cookie Sheet?

Baking By punkinpie Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 12:30pm by deetmar

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:31am
post #1 of 22

Hi,

I need new cookie (baking sheets) and I have no idea what to buy. There are all kinds and I'm puzzled. Do you have a fav one?

Thanks!

21 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:48am
post #2 of 22

I like the kind with no sides. I got mine at williams-sanoma (sp?) I also use these sheets when torting, to lift the cakes apart.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:01am
post #3 of 22

I prefer the ones with sides -- jelly roll. I like being able to stack them criss-cross when the cookies are cooling/ drying. Plus, I'm a lot less likely to shove a thumb into a cookie or have the cookies slide off the edge! icon_cry.gif

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:10am
post #4 of 22

I prefer no sides too but I am not picky. I am picky about using my silpat though and would not make cookies without it! I honestly feel it is the key to the success!

punkinpie Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:25am
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyintx

I prefer no sides too but I am not picky. I am picky about using my silpat though and would not make cookies without it! I honestly feel it is the key to the success!

Does Silpat work better than parchment paper?

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 22

I have used Silpat for so long I have never tried anything else. I used it even before I brgan selling cookies and cakes. I guess I am too scared to try anything else icon_smile.gif

stephaniewahm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniewahm Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 22

What about the air-bake cookie sheets? Does anyone use those?

punkinpie Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:52pm
post #8 of 22

Thanks for the input icon_smile.gif

wendyintx : I think I'll put silpat on my 'want' list, I go through crazy amounts of parchment.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:12pm
post #9 of 22

Air Bakes are my favorite.

Been using them since they first came out!

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:05pm
post #10 of 22

I use doughmakers. They do not require any spraying, they have a pebble like surface, I absolutely love them. Here is their website: http://www.doughmakers.com/

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:33pm
post #11 of 22

I have tried several different cookie sheets and my very favorite are the professional weight ones that Sams' Club has. They are 2 for $10.00 and they bake really even. They have sides which I love. Tried the ones with no sides and dumped a couple of batches of cookies on the floor. I just can't be trusted to remember there are no sides LOL!!! I don't think the airbake ones are very good as the bottoms of my cookies never got done.
Lily

SweetDreamsAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsAT Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:01pm
post #12 of 22

I read somewhere that aluminum is the best and most even conductor of heat. I've been using the large Wilton brand ones sold at Michael's. One edge is folded up for grabbing it, but otherwise its flat. I like flat better so I can slide the parchment paper, cookies and all, on and off easily.

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:12pm
post #13 of 22

i use the wilton cookie sheets and i am happy with them, but my favorite thing to bake in is Pampered chef stoneware. the bar pan is my fave i own 4 of them.

chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:27pm
post #14 of 22

I have tried a few different types. I liked the airbake type, but either they say "not dishwasher safe" or if they can be put in the dishwasher, I have had problems with water getting inside. I do put them into the oven to dry out, but they have still rusted onside (I can here stuff rolling around.) I actually prefer the non-stick Bakers Secret (XL) cookie sheets. I get them at Walmart for like $5 or $6 each. They have sides so I can use them for other baking purposes as well. I too prefer the ones with sides for stacking purposes. I'm sure everyone has a favorite, these are mine. I bake my butter cut out cookies on them, no parchment or Silpat, and no problems. I haven't been able to do that with all sheets I've tried. JMO

APrettyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APrettyCake Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:28pm
post #15 of 22

I have been using my airbakes for nearly 20 years. The same ones - they work perfect. I always use parchment paper. I have tried the expensive ones from the Culinary Institute, but they just don't perform as well. I would die without my airbakes! icon_rolleyes.gif

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:04am
post #16 of 22

I also love my cheap ones from walmart. They work great. I bought a nice one from doughmakers at the xmas show in charlotte, NC last year. I absolutely hate it.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:53am
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybird

I have tried several different cookie sheets and my very favorite are the professional weight ones that Sams' Club has. They are 2 for $10.00 and they bake really even. They have sides which I love.

Ditto! You can buy one heavy duty NordicWare sheet at Wal-Mart for $10 or a pack of two heavy duty pans at Sam's for the same price. I fell in love with the set I bought at Sam's and have bought a set each time I've gone back because two cookie sheets just aren't enough! Not sure how many are enough... icon_lol.gif

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:12am
post #18 of 22

Kim in cajuncountry and lilybird... i love them also.. I have 12 of them!! I will probably buy more for my holiday baking now that I have caught the cookie bug...!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif from CCers.

BTW.. 12 is not enough LOL!!

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 6:43am
post #19 of 22

I love my gold-colored jelly roll pans from William-Sonoma (i.e. the sheets with edges)
I've used a few different ones and the PC stone, but these just seem to work the best for me. (plus like the previous post, I like that I can stack them, and stuff doesn't slide off the edge icon_wink.gif )

I also love silpats, but one of the key reasons is that I roll the dough out on the counter, on the silpat, and then slide it on to the sheet. I've got my own little system down now icon_lol.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 8:43am
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by iramirez94

Kim in cajuncountry and lilybird... i love them also.. I have 12 of them!! I will probably buy more for my holiday baking now that I have caught the cookie bug...!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif from CCers.

BTW.. 12 is not enough LOL!!

!!12??!! I thought I was over doing it!

Okay, ladies, how many cookie sheets do you have? Cookie use only please. icon_wink.gif

I have 8 jellies, 1 quarter jelly and 3 no sides.

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:25pm
post #21 of 22

I like the heavy duty aluminum pans with sides. I bought them at a store called Christmas Tree shop for $5 each. I have 2 right now but went back for more and they were a little bent up, so I have to wait for a new shipment to come in. They are like 11 x 13 I think and are great for when you are decorating the cookies too. They stack criss cross on each other without the cookie touching the bottom of the other pan. I also have a few with no sides but don't care for them and a few cheaper ones, but they are small.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:30pm
post #22 of 22

I use doughmakers also, and Love them. I purchase them at the State Fair, where you buy two get one free. I go back every year and get something new.

I use my silpat mats on two of them, but I dont' have enough for all four, so I use parchment paper on the other two. You have to be careful when you put the ones with the parchment paper into the over, sometimes they slide and the cookies and be bent.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%