White Chocolate Fondant Question

Decorating By jennym0904 Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 3:15pm by jennym0904

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:10am
post #1 of 9

can you use the wilton vanilla melts or should I use white chocolate bar??
THANKS! icon_rolleyes.gif

8 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:21am
post #2 of 9

Vanilla melts won't give the fondant the white chocolate taste, but could be used to enhance vanilla fondant. White chocolate chips work great for making fondant. They are usually less expensive than the bars and melt easier.

HTH

Michele

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:38am
post #3 of 9

May I ask which recipe you are using? I've been wanting to try a white chocolate fondant.

Sugarflowers Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 7:01am
post #4 of 9

I use Michele Foster's Delicious Fondant. You can find it in the recipe section of this site. It's a vanilla fondant recipe, so I just add about 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips during the cooking process. I have to say that it tastes pretty darn good. icon_smile.gif

Michele

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:51am
post #5 of 9

This does sound good. Do you notice a differnce in the texture of your fondant?

jennym0904 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:46am
post #6 of 9

the fondant recipe i found on a thread in one of the forums...here it is (I thought it sounded delicious...I wish I could remember who posted it!!!!I copy and posted her thread to a word doc and saved it!) icon_confused.gif

icon_smile.gif "LaWanda's White Chocolate Fondant

1/2 cup Heavy cream or liquid coffee creamer (I use White Chocolate/ Macadamia Nut)
3 pkg. unflavored gelatin
1 c white corn syrup
3 Tbsp real butter
3 Tbsp glycerin
2 t clear vanilla
6 oz white chocolate, chopped
3 1/2 - 4 lb. powered Sugar. (I sift mine)

Mix cream with gelatin, allow to firm up 3-5 min. Set on double boiler with simmering water stirring until melted. Add corn syrup, white chocolate, butter, glycerin and vanilla. Cook over simmering water until butter is almost melted. Remove from heat & let cool till luke warm.

In large mixer bowl place about 2 lbs of the PS. Pour liquid through strainer until partially mixed. Attach to mixer using dough hook, mix on low until sugar is well mixed then start adding about 1 cup of PS at a time until the fondant wraps around the dough hook. Place fondant on smooth surface dusted with PS & knead until smooth. Wrap fondant in greased plastic wrap, wrap again & place in plastic bag or air-tight container. Let it rest over night.

This makes a whiter, more flavorful fondant than MMF." icon_smile.gif

jennym0904 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:05pm
post #7 of 9

I'd love to have Michelle Foster's delicious fondant recipe too if anyone has it. I am having a hard time finding it here! icon_sad.gif

THANKS!!!

Sugarflowers Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 9

Here's the link:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

Sorry for the short post, gotta go to work.

Michele

jennym0904 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:15pm
post #9 of 9

you're the best icon_smile.gif
thank you!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%